Pregnant while breastfeeding...how likely?

lorenare

Reaction score
Has anyone here got pregnant while ebf? How do you know you are pregnant if you have no period?

It's possible to get pregnant while ebf. I'd test if you're suspicious. No idea how they'd date a pregnancy with no lmp though.

There's a lady on here who didn't have periods but just happen to test and get positive!

As for knowing how far along you are, I think without a lmp they will come to know once you've had a scan x

I got my period back at 8 months pp by taking iron-well that's what I think helped and got pregnant when my son was one. Still breastfeeding him and due in 12 weeks :D best of luck!it can be done.

I've become pregnant twice with no periods while EBF, at 4 and 5 months. Definitely possible!

First time I just felt pregnant and tested. Second time my doctor took bloods for something else and didnt mention she'd be testing hsg. She rang the next day to let me know.

Both times they took the due date from the first ultrasound at about six weeks.

After my second baby I got my period back at six weeks pp but I got pregnant when he was 12 months old, the first month we started trying for another. He was exclusively breastfed still though, he refused everything but breast.

It's very variable. I didn't have cycles until 19 months pp and then was very irregular until about 5 months ago. We casually TTC from 15 months for nearly a year with no luck, and have just conceived in the second cycle following a 6m break from TTC.

I saw so many stories of people getting pregnant while still breastfeeding tiny babies that I didn't think it would be a problem. I'm now pleased about the gap we'll have, but wish I'd known how long it would take at the outset!

Got pregnant at 13 months while breastfeeding, obviously not exclusively as she was already on solids. But I know two people that got pregnant within three months of having their babies WHILE nursing exclusively. Always possible.

I got pregnant without getting my period back. I tested because I felt 'off'. Extremely tired and highly emotional (crying at the drop of a hat!). I thought my iron was low but I just wanted to rule out being pregnant first.....

I had no clue how pregnant I was but as I had no obvious bump i assumed I wasn't too far along. I just told them I was unsure of dates and they sent me for a scan ASAP. :flower:

I've gotten pregnant four times while breastfeeding. However, none of those times were before AF had arrived, and I was temping so I knew when I ovulated. I had two PP periods(first PP AF at 5 months) before falling pregnant with #2, continued to BF throughout pregnancy. I tandem nursed those two and I got pregnant with #3 while tandem nursing, two PP periods later (first PP AF was at 14 months). Continued to still nurse all three after the birth,I got pregnant after two PP AFs (see a pattern? lol) but had a chemical pregnancy, and got pregnant on the second cycle after that. I am now 13 weeks pregnant while triandem nursing. So yes, definitely possible :)

My aunt said that's how she got my cousin Alyson. :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->