pregnant with 0 hcg or phantom pregnancy? Help please!

josephine3

Reaction score
First of all congrats to all those newly expecting! Second sorry if this needs to be in a different forum i didnt know where to put it but figured i might get the best answers here..
So i already have 2 children, the youngest is 1 who i am still breastfeeding 3 times a day.
My oh and i dtd a lot around the time i think i concieved, but it was protected. So i thought no chance of pregnancy. I have been regular 28 days since the birth of my last child. This cycle i had spotting cd 21 then was over 12 days late when i started bleeding. Crazy i know but i hadnt tested, we were scared and in denial i think! I had all the symptoms tho and thought i had to be unttil the bleeding. I assumed i had possibly had an early mc. However i continued to spot off and on for 2 weeks after the bleed, which wasnt heavy like i expected, it was lighter than a normal period with less clots. However i still feel pregnant. I was worried about ectopic and contacted the doc who sent me to hospital. Blood hcg came back 0 but they did lose the results on the system for a while so not overly confident on it. Countless hpts negative one faintly positive. I would be 8 weeks now. Nausea every day, cramping etc but the one that has me completely convinced - tmi - clear, chunky jelly like discharge just like i had in my previous pregnancies like mucous plug formation.
Please anyone any help im going a little crazy if this is just hormonal its very convincing. Anyone pregnant but not testing positive? Any phantom pregnancies? Xx

If the hospital blood test said hcg is 0 then I would think it's unlikely your pregnant I've never had bloods done for hcg but I think it's more sensitive than the urine tests. Was the faint positive just after you bled ? Maybe like you said it was a chemical ? How long ago was the hcg test ? Maybe the egg had just implanted so there would be no hcg maybe if they repeat the bloods it may show something now but then so would a pregnancy test. Def go see your gp if your worried Hun breastfeeding can mess you about hope you get some answers soon :)!

Bloods at zero would indicate there is no pregnancy, they are the most accurate way of testing.

I would say you aren't pregnant based on the HCG but I would still go back to your Drs to check if there is anything wrong and put your mind at rest

This sounds like a hormonal Imbalance I've had before. You feel pregnant, your periods go off schedule, lots of spotting at random times, cramping, feeling pregnant when you're not. I have PCOS. Get checked for any cysts and hormonal imbalances - FSH/TSH - as those can cause these symptoms.

This sounds like a hormonal Imbalance I've had before. You feel pregnant, your periods go off schedule, lots of spotting at random times, cramping, feeling pregnant when you're not. I have PCOS. Get checked for any cysts and hormonal imbalances - FSH/TSH - as those can cause these symptoms.

100% agree

thanks for the input ladies. Im definitely going back to the doc will definiely mention hormone imbalance!

:hugs: I had a sort of phantom pregnancy about a year ago. It was similar in that I knew due to our BC it was unlikely, but I just had so many symptoms that started all at once. I definitely was not pregnant and it seems to have been some kind of freak coincidence (stomach bug, weird abdominal cramps, and sudden onset heartburn simultaneously). It was not easy to go through emotionally, so my heart goes out to you.

thanks. It is really draining me. Went back to docs today she said its unlikely im pregnant (well tell me what i dont know lol) but she will book an abdominal scan to check things out for me. It will be a 4-6 week wait though. :( i even feel flutters and weird bubbles and pops. Me and my oh didnt even want a baby right now so going thru all of this is so bizarre.

I had a phantom pregnancy a few years ago, two close friends became pregnant one after the other and I envied them so much my brain convinced my body that I must be too. It was horrendous emotionally and physically, because although rationally I knew I couldn't be (bc and low sex drive, it just wasn't possible at that time) it didn't stop the feelings. I mourned it for a long time after. I really feel for you and am sending you positivity and strength to manage this, remember that whatever you're feeling is ok.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sylvi.H.
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->