Pregnant with #1 ~ May Babies 2013!

Appt is Wednesday at 10 east coast time. I'll be sure to let you all know first thing. I just feel so defeated. I was so excited. I thought after this visit I would feel so reassured. Now i Don't think I will feel any different or know anything more than I know right now. It's just so upsetting.

hey ladies just wanna say congrats to all the BFPs and i would love to be added i found out friday that i am expecting my first child (faint BFP) not my first pregnancy as i suffered a blighted ovum back in may i am so paranoid at the moment because i have little or no symptoms apart from frequent trips to the loo, missed period and a faint + my appt is in 2 weeks time when i am 7 weeks( based off my last lmp aug12 i am 5 weeks 2 days to be exact) i just hope all goes well. Due date may 18, 2013 if all goes well

Sass I hope whoever you spoke to just didn't know what they were talking about. As far as I know, a 12 week scan and then the 20 week scan are pretty standard everywhere, even in the U.S.... though I guess my closest friend never saw the doctor in her first tri so never had the 12 week scan. I guess I could be wrong. My doctor wanted me to come in this week for an early scan but I declined and said I would wait until the 12 week ultrasound. They didn't say that there wasn't going to be a 12 week one! They just said get the insurance figured out and then call and make an appointment.

Oh my gosh! I'm am sooo upset right now! I just called my doctor. My first appt is Wednesday. I'll be 7 weeks. I wanted to ask what to expect. Can I have an ultrasound? Can we hear the heart beat? should I not eat so I can get my blood work?
NO to EVERYTHING! I could seriously throw up right now I'm so upset. They said I won't have a san until I'm 20 weeks, so that is when we would find out if it's twins. I was going to start buying clothes, furniture etc at 12-14 weeks. Now I won't even know or sure if it's only 1 baby until 20 weeks? This is so devastating! I just want to cry for the rest of the day....

I would find another doctor that def does not sound right! I already had an ultrasound and im only 6 weeks and 2 days. I saw a heartbeat and they did blood test. There is so much they need to find out in the first trimester and to tell you they wont do anything until week 20 is crap! I am so sorry girl! Hoping you get better news soon!

Does anyone else have mild cramping/ pulling feeling. I had this over the weekend for an hour or so but today nothing. It was more toward the left side.

I would definitely find someone else! I'm actually getting two first scans! My RE wants to see me on the 26th and my OB wants to see me on the 1st! I will be 7w4d for the first and 8w2d for the second! I have never heard of them not doing an early scan to at least look for a hb and I've never heard of a regular OB practice not doing a blood workup!

MrsM423! How exciting that we share the same due date! I went for my first appointment on Friday and they had me POAS, do more bloodwork (4 vials - OUCH), and he did the physical exam. When he had finished checking my uterus, he said that everything felt right for 6 weeks! That has helped me relax a lot! I'm counting down the days to my first ultrasound! How have your symptoms been so far? I've been nauseous but have not got sick yet, I'm always hungry but there is a lot of food that I don't want to eat, my boobs are killing me, and I'm ridiculously exhausted! My hubby has been calling the baby an energy vampire because it's taking all my energy! :)

Does anyone else have mild cramping/ pulling feeling. I had this over the weekend for an hour or so but today nothing. It was more toward the left side.

I've had this off and on. My OB said it's just my uterus stretching!

I've had this off and on. My OB said it's just my uterus stretching!

Does it feel like it is more on one side when you experience this? If you are sitting and move quickly does the pain get a little more intense (but very tolerable)?

Yep! I had this a lot last week mainly on my left side but it hasn't been bad in a few days! Hope that helps!

Hi Ladies! I would like to join you's! I got my first BFP on my 4 year anniversary on Wednesday! We tried for 11 months and thought I had no shot at all this month!
According to my Dr I am 4 weeks 6 days. But I ovulated late and based on ovulation I am 4 weeks 3 days. Which would you ladies go by? I havn't made a ticker yet because im confused lol.

As far as symtoms I have very tender bbs, extremely tired yet cant seem to sleep at night (anyone else have this?), started feeling nautious yesturday and hasnt really gone away, also very gassy!

As for what we call our baby I am calling it my Little Monkey because I have a bit of an obsession with monkeys and the nursery will be decorated with a monkey theme!

I've also had the pulling/cramping on the left side... catches me off guard sometimes but reminds me that magic is happening :)

Hey ladies...I am 5 weeks today based on my calculations and should be due on May 20. Unfortunately my doctor's appointment isn't until Oct. 17 and they said this is just to "confirm pregnancy". Does anyone know what they will do at this appointment?

Symptoms: sore boobs, fatigue, heartburn, aversion to smells

Magan my O date is 2-4 days later than what my doctor is counting (He has my temp chart, but has always said things like "Oh sometimes it takes a few days for temps to go up, etc). My ticker is based on my ovulation date. I figure once I get a scan it will all be confirmed anyway.

hey just seen ths thread..

im due may 10th..go my first scan on 29th sept and first appointment on 28th so exited for both :D

signs are: constantly tired..feeling sick..cramps and heartburn

Hey ladies...I am 5 weeks today based on my calculations and should be due on May 20. Unfortunately my doctor's appointment isn't until Oct. 17 and they said this is just to "confirm pregnancy". Does anyone know what they will do at this appointment?

Symptoms: sore boobs, fatigue, heartburn, aversion to smells

At my appointment they got some medical history, checked my weight, did bloodwork, had me POAS, and then did the physical exam. The physical exam was exactly like a routine pap smear. He told me that my uterus should feel a little enlarged since I was almost 6 weeks and he said that it did. He didn't want to do an ultrasound until 8 weeks so that we would definitely be able to see the heartbeat! Hope that helps!

By the way! I see that you live in Salem! I live in Galax, about an 1.5 hours south!!! Small world! Happy and Healthy 9 months to you!

As far as due dates go! I told my doctor when I had the HCG trigger shot and when I was told to BD and he is still giving me the same due date based on my LMP. Going by ovulation it should be 1-2 days past the 14th day of the cycle but hey I figure he knows more than I do!

I wonder what should I look for when choosing an OB, besides them being very nice, since this is my first one and I have absolutely ZERO experience and always go to the most convenient (not the best) place for regular women's health checkup.

I would consider what your expectations are? I would also look at how far away they would be from you. I got lucky and I'm about 5 mins. max from the local hospital. I would also make sure that they will actually go with your birth plan, if you have one. I know a lot of women want all natural births and such (not me - I don't handle pain that well!) I'm not really sure what else. I see your in NJ so I figure you have lots of options. I didn't really unless I wanted to drive at least an hour and I figure that if I'm in labor, I'm definitely not going to want to wait that long :)

Thanks Ladies, I think I will make my ticker based on my ovulation date that way if I do have to change it I would feel better moving it ahead rather then back :) Also Im convinced my Dr thinks I am further along because I had a HCG level of 89 at 13dpo and she said it was low and I have to go again on friday to make sure everythings ok. But from asking around on here and doing research that number is perfectly normal.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->