Pregnant with #1 ~ May Babies 2013!

I would definitely find someone else! I'm actually getting two first scans! My RE wants to see me on the 26th and my OB wants to see me on the 1st! I will be 7w4d for the first and 8w2d for the second! I have never heard of them not doing an early scan to at least look for a hb and I've never heard of a regular OB practice not doing a blood workup!

MrsM423! How exciting that we share the same due date! I went for my first appointment on Friday and they had me POAS, do more bloodwork (4 vials - OUCH), and he did the physical exam. When he had finished checking my uterus, he said that everything felt right for 6 weeks! That has helped me relax a lot! I'm counting down the days to my first ultrasound! How have your symptoms been so far? I've been nauseous but have not got sick yet, I'm always hungry but there is a lot of food that I don't want to eat, my boobs are killing me, and I'm ridiculously exhausted! My hubby has been calling the baby an energy vampire because it's taking all my energy! :)

Yea I had bloodwork done as well 8 whole tubes!!! I was like OMG really? and after all that blood all they had to tell me was that I tested negative for a whole bunch of diseases I was like I could have told you that without the 8 tubes of blood you took! I thought they would check my hcg and progesterone but they said since they seen the baby on the ultrasound and found the heartbeat that there is no need to test for that? I thought they would check to see if everything was doubling and if my progesterone is high enough! Oh well.... as for symptoms my boobs are sore on and off and that exam I about slapped the lady because she asked if my boobs were sore then pressed hard on them! and im only nausous when I take too long to eat something. Oh and I have been burping like a school boy lol its crazy!!!

I would consider what your expectations are? I would also look at how far away they would be from you. I got lucky and I'm about 5 mins. max from the local hospital. I would also make sure that they will actually go with your birth plan, if you have one. I know a lot of women want all natural births and such (not me - I don't handle pain that well!) I'm not really sure what else. I see your in NJ so I figure you have lots of options. I didn't really unless I wanted to drive at least an hour and I figure that if I'm in labor, I'm definitely not going to want to wait that long :)

Thanks. I don't have a plan yet, but heard bad things about vacuum, so i guess i am anti-vac for now. I am now with a obgyn group (not a particular ob) and new to there, cuz i see good reviews about them online (not sure if it is reliable,:roll:). i will ask about the natural deliver rate when I go to them. i am also 5min away from the hospital that i want to go to:thumbup:

My first appointment is this Thursday the baby due date calculator says May 23rd.

Last week I felt really nauseated, extremely sore back, legs and shoulders, very emotional/moody and completely exhausted. I had a loss of apatite I had to make myself eat, I had a short term desire for bananas, I had also felt light headed I was afraid of passing out last week. The smell of garlic really made me feel sick last week luckily that has now passed.

Now I am still having awful back pain, I still feel sick from time to time and I am always feeling exhausted.

Hey ladies,

My next appt Sept 27 for sono. According to baby sure date I'm due May 25th. Lately I've been feeling exhausted, shortness of breath & heartburn.

Am back in the game after a horrible scare!

Scan showed healthy baby with a great HB at 6w 6d! Bang on where it should be!

Little steps but I am happy!!

hi ladies may I join? :) we are expecting our first on May 20! so excited!! I had my hcg levels taken yesterday at 5 +0
and they were something over 11000! i'm kind of freaking out about multiples BC this seems so high. did anyone else get hcg results around the same time? xxx

I have a docs appt tomorrow to confirm my bfp - still feels like its not quite real though like the 3 tests I've done might be saying bfp when its not!! ;) anyway i wanted to know if you can ask for a scan for 10 wks? Reason being we'll be visiting family & would love to show something off (until bump appears!!)

cheers dudettes!!

Couldn't resist guys...

Here is my 6w 6d blob:cloud9:... I now share a EDD with you Sassy! LOL:happydance:

Attachments

• 6w 6d.jpg
    6w 6d.jpg
    25.2 KB · Views: 4
  • 6W6D.jpg
    6W6D.jpg
    28.3 KB · Views: 5
I had my EDD at 5/19.. The doctor told me 5/17 yesterday... My hcg level on 17dpo was 921.7... I know anything could happen but I am so excited.. We have been ttc for 6 years and this is our first!!!

Yay, cute little blob, congrats!

Is seeing a doc at 10 weeks for the first time typical? It's the earliest they can get me in, but they say that's totally fine as long as I'm feeling ok etc. I have to wait 5 more weeks, ahh! :)

Hey guys I'm joining up May! I was hanging out over in April because my LMP put me at 4/24, but I knew I wasn't that far along. The OB saw me and gave me a scan thinking I was at 8w6d based on my LMP but I measured 6w3d (although I know that is also impossible unless I got a BFP on a digital at 8dpo!) but it is closer so I will go with it. I think I am at 6w6d or 7w0d, but what they have is close enough. Anyway my EDD is now May 11th. I think that puts me the same as MrsM423 and IluvRedskins!

Yay for more May 11th babies!!!! Congrats! Happy and Healthy 9 months!

My dd is may 18th! I have my first appt for bloods and family history on October 4th. My first scan is October 17th at about 9+3. Congrats to everyone!!

my first appt with the midwife is 3rd October (8 weeks) - just for bloodwork and the rest, but I'll have to wait until 12 weeks for my first scan :(

how will they know the baby is okay without dong a scan???

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->