Pregnant with #1 ~ May Babies 2013!

Nicola, unless you have a medical issue/history or you get heavy bleeding and or cramps then there is no assumption that there is anything wrong with the baby. Don't panic!

I have ones earlier due to my medical history and also the amount of m/cs I have had.

I hope I can get my scan at 12 weeks Nicola. Going to see my dr. For the first time in an hour. The nurse told me I will only be getting blood work too. She also told me my first scan will be at 20 weeks. dH is coming with me and we are going to demand a scan at 12 weeks. I feel just as you do- how do they know everything's ok if they don't really look? I want some reassurance!

Good luck at your appointment Sass! The doctors are there to serve you! I would definitely make sure that you get what you want and especially what will easy your mind! Stress is definitely not good for baby! Update us when you get a chance!

Sass you should def have a scan at 12 wks ... that is standard practice. They do checks at that scan and measure the baby's nuchal fold.

You should not be waiting until 20 wks for a scan.

Good luck at the Drs my fellow EDD dater!

Hi ladies, last day of my holidays....but its been amazing because on Monday my OH proposed in central park! He was so nervous bless him but he did good :)

So in the space of two months we've got a baby on the way and became engaged!

It might look like its because of the baby but OH took the opportunity to do it where we were on a nice holiday and where it would be memorable. It certainly was.

*happydance* :)

Congrats Jary! My OH and I started ttcing before he proposed as well! He just propsed a few months ago and now we have a baby on the way now! So exciting isnt it?!

Massive congrats ladies! How exciting... a wedding and a baby!!

Hello ladies! Can I join?
I had it confirmed by my OB that I am about 6.5 weeks along now. Due May 12th. This will be our first. We are excited & scared. Trying to be calm but it's easy to freak out about every little symptom as I've never been pregnant. We were TTC for about a month and a half..... OB was shocked . Haha.

Congrats blueberry and welcome to May! I'm due the 11th so your just a day behind me :)

We are having trouble deciding when to tell parents? Any thoughts? What did you do?

Hey, can I join please? ... I am due on the 16th May - according to the internet! I have my first scan booked for November 1st I will be exactly 12 weeks - I really want to have one before then though as I had a m/c a couple of months ago and we have been trying for such a long time so I am a little extra stressed. Still, if I can join the May club that would be ace, I can then re-assure myself that everything I feel is normal! :)

Just got back from doctor's and all my test results (pap/blood/urine/mammogram/ultrasound) are great:happydance: Everything is where it should be in the normal ranges.

I go back for scan #2 at 8.5 weeks so we should see embryos and hear heartbeats!

I haven't told anyone yet. I prob will tell my parents and his parents after the next scan but part of me wants to wait until 12 weeks.

Attachments

• 2012-09-19_13-39-33_755.jpg
    2012-09-19_13-39-33_755.jpg
    22.7 KB · Views: 15
blueberry, we told my parents the day after we found out, and DH's parents two days after that. Our thinking was, should something happen and we miscarry, we would tell them anyway, and we'd rather the first news we tell them be good news.

Nevernormal, that's a good point. Have another appt at OB office today luckily. I started to spot a little yesterday, no pain. But nonetheless freaking out a little.

I've told my mum but live with my brother (until me and hubby buy our own house which will hopefully be next year) and am wondering when to tell him - he is bound to notice soon as i am going to bed at 7 and feeling ill all the time!

We told our parents the night we got our BFP since I went straight to Lab Direct and had my HCG tested and it came back at 997 so we went ahead and told them. We went to Walmart and got two onesies (one for each grandparent) that said "Grandma's little peanut" we went to their houses that night and handed the gifts to them. We had been trying for 13 months so they all knew since I had been doing infertility treatments and my mom had been giving me the trigger shot! I agree with nevernormal at least if God forbid something did happen we have a huge support system. Even more since my DH can't keep his mouth shut about it! Love him, he's so excited! We still haven't put it on facebook yet but most everyone around us knows!

On another note all of my bloodwork looked good from my first appointment. Still waiting on the results from the pap smear but so far so good! One week until u/s day!!!!

we told my parents and his parents 3 days after the first + test. we wanted a couple days to ourselves with the happy news. i wanted to tell my parents early, because if God forbid something happened, i would need the support of my mom and dad, and brother and sister-in-law.
it was a good choice - our family is over the moon!

We are waiting to tell. OH has been married before and they tried and tried and got pregnant 3 times each time it ended in a miscariage right after they told the news. So naturally he is scared to tell. We had been trying for 11 months so its so hard not to tell! We plan to tell the news at 12 weeks. But we are talking about telling my mom on my birthday I will be 9 weeks by then. She is our only grandparent that will be involved. We've both lost a parent and his father isnt in the picture. He is just worried if we tell my mom if she will be able to keep it a secret lol. Im a bit worried about that part to as I know she will be really excited lol.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->