Pregnant with #1 ~ May Babies 2013!

Had my first scan today! Everything went fine, the baby was super active and the technician told us everything looked good.

She also said she was pretty sure the baby is a girl! DH and I are over the moon!

Hope everyone is having a great day!

Congrats on all the scans! Aren't they just the best?!

Wonderful scan pics ladies!

I had the NT scan yesterday as well! My two little ones were so cute! They behaved when she took the measurements and they spent the rest of the time entertaining us by rolling around and swinging their arms. We even got to see one of them swallowing, it was so amazing.
I'm starting to feel better day by day it seems, I can't wait to hit that second tri!

Pixie - You saw them swallowing?? That's great!!! How cool!

AFM, I've been an emotional wreck today! I had to drop my puppy off at the vet this morning to get spayed, and I bawled all the way to work :(

UGH and get this - I had to get a physical done for work at this generic walk in place (which I have a bad history with from another company). Anyway, the doctor says "you have trace amounts of blood in your urine, no signs of a UTI, you really need to call your midwife." He was asking me if I was having labor pains, vaginal bleeding, etc, which of course I said NO! And he must've told me at least 4 times to call my midwife ASAP. So naturally, I'm freaking out! I call, it's after hours, I do the on call thing and get my midwife to call me back, to which she says "This doctor doesn't know what he's talking about. I see it a lot in doctors that don't usually deal with pregnant women. Labor??? You're 15 weeks! Of course you're not in labor! And trace amounts of blood in your urine is relatively common in pregnant women - we'll keep an eye on it"

At my first midwife appointment, at 10 weeks and 4 days, and I had trace amounts of blood in my urine, they said it might be nothing or might be the beginning of a UTI and to drink lots of water and maybe cranberry juice. I drank lots of water and never saw anything more, and at my 14 week appointment it was peachy - everything was great!

On that note, I had my 14 week appointment yesterday. Everything was perfect. Heard the heartbeat, 152 (it was 150 last time), my uterus measured right on schedule, my blood pressure was great, and my pee was awesome. I gained 1lb "officially" (by midwife measure, from last appointment). By my measure, I have gained 3lbs since pre-pregnancy, which seems right about right. Everything is great!

I'm sorry Bella. Sounds like a very inconsiderate doctor. If you're not feeling bad, don't let him freak you out.

Bella - I'm so glad that it was just a goofy doctor and that everything is okay!

Ooo what lovely scan piccys! Everyones babies are behaving and posing beautifully!

Me and you next Sass!! Wahooo bring em on!

Bella what a crap Dr!!

Had MW appt and heard the gorgeous sound of baby's HB thudding away at 160 bpm! MAGIC!

Scan on Mon! Please please please let all be perfect and it be a girl!

It's going to be great to see LO PB! You better give us pics ASAP afterwards!

PB- we're all praying for the girl that we know it is!! Can't wait to hear the good news!

Well my round ligaments are screaming at me. Seems that I am really sensitive to my uterus stretching and everything down there. Its like light aches, nothing really serious so I'm not worried about miscarriage but it is defiantly sore. Usually right when I wake up in the morning. I can't wait for my belly to go ahead and pop out there and really start looking like a belly instead of a thanksgiving dinner belly. :) Going to finally make an appointment with a midwife next week. Getting excited hoping that my sweet angels daddy can make it. Things have defiantly been rough, since we aren't married yet and he is still busy with school and work in the neighboring state :/

We got the results from our blood tests back and everything was great! 1 in 10,000 for downs and trisomy! And one other exciting thing... It's a girl!!! Were so excited! :pink:

Fingers crossed PB, that everything goes perfectly!!

And yay Jdub, how exciting!!!!

Ahh, now almost at week 14, the nausea is finally better, I don't feel like gagging at everything! Headaches have been bad the past few nights, but hopefully they go away too :)

Congrats J! Sounds perfect!
Natalie- I'm in pain too. Really freaks me out though. I know it's normal but I get scared.
Hope you stay feeling better curly.

Yep Sass... tomorrow is scan day.. 9am. Oooo scary! Jdub so so so hope you are right and congratulations on Team Pink and an amazing risk result! Wahoooo!!

Curly yay for feeling better! Have to say these last few days I have been waking up feeling like I am hungover! Urghhh...

Hey Bab! Welcome!

Natalie... what a lovely photo! and I also have been having a lot of ligament pain and also cramps in weird places such as my bum and neck!!

I'm so excited for you PB! Congrats on team avocado. I'll be joining you in 2 more days!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JTom
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->