Pregnant with #1 ~ May Babies 2013!

Aww congrats Sass (will respond to your PM chick!) and Bella happy 30 wks and welcome to the honeydew club lol.

You know what ladies.... I really would not worry about EDD dates, they are guess work when all is said and done... varying cycle lengths, OV dates, baby growth, DTD dates etc. Our babies will, in the main, come when they are ready... concerns should be discussed with a medical professional and also the growth scans will confirm when we can expect our babies... Leo has measured 3 wks ahead since 16 wks and I know Sass's Dylan has measured ahead for a while too.

I say that applies in the main... but not to me... I know mine will be earlier... in fact I am now a bit of a fraud as I know Leo will be an April baby and not May... Oppsie!

I know I shouldn't let this get to me and upset me. But I called my midwife today, discussing my over dating. I was told I'm wrong, that I am measuring right up with being 31 weeks 2 days to my 22 week Ultrasound, and my first ultrasound at "6" weeks, which was when I thought I was 8 weeks and they set me back two weeks according to what they saw in the ultrasound. She kept arguing with me that regardless of my positive test on the 12th of August that I'm not due till the 19th of May, which would make me 43 weeks according to my math of when I believe I am actually due. But they claim that I will be 40 weeks on the 19th. Which isn't accurate because that means that I would have had to of had a period in August, and I wouldn't have had my positive test!??!?!??!?!?!? WTH? I may not be fully educated in gestational growth from a college aspect. But I am from a pregnant aspect and I know my math is right!

Not even considering the fact that Yes they might be right according to HIS measurements, but maybe HIS MEASUREMENTS ARE SMALLER THAN MOST 34 WEEK BABIES! D:<

If I go into labor around the 28th of April and he is full term I'm going to laugh in their faces.

Well it doesn't actually mean that you would've had to have a period in August, because you could've ovulated late. I had a cycle once where I didn't ovulated until CD84! So almost three months after my last period, and when my last period was wouldn't have anything to do with my due date.

From you getting a positive so early, it would seem impossible that you're not due until the 19th of May (I ovulated Aug 26th or something like that, so way after you had your positive). BUT the early dating ultrasounds are usually pretty accurate as a baby's growth rate doesn't start to vary a whole lot until after 12 weeks. :shrug:

Sigh, I hate being wrong. But I'm going to admit my mistake because Id rather get over it then fume over my defeat. I called the health clinic to confirm my pregnancy test. It was the 19th of .....September. She laughed at me, which I accept because she has been my nurse since I was a baby. I now wonder why I was so convinced I found out in August? I feel extremely dumb, I'm going to blame my pregnant brain, because obviously I lost my mind and was extremely off on my memory. -__- But I can be happy that the stress of it is wrong. Ahah, I still feel dumb, now I need to call my midwife and apologize for arguing with her. But I did find out that if I have a home birth instead of having my midwife deliver (whom only delivers in hospitals) She will still get paid for these prenatal visits, but she just won't get paid for the delivery, which she told me she wouldn't get paid period if I had Isaac at home. Ahhhh well

Well I'm glad you got it straightened out, even if you ended up wrong :/. Definitely a pregnancy brain moment! I remember the time I was in the grocery store and saw an expiration date on something for the end of the month. It was about a week from that day. But for some reason I had put everything an entire month forward and was horrified that this store was selling things nearly a month expired! And I didn't even realize it until hours and hours later, and all of a sudden I asked DH, "It's still November, isn't it??". :haha: We laughed about that one for days.

Well I also had been convinced for months now that I had my test in August. o_O I could have sworn I did, the nurse at the health clinic laughed at me for forever because I told her I should call my midwife back and apologize. Haha

so I think twin 1 dropped yesterday. I'm having a lot of pelvic pain and pressure, plus I'm looking a bit fuller lower in my belly than I had been. If he didn't drop than the two of them must have put on a lot of weight all of a sudden! I have an ultrasound on Monday so I'll be excited to hear what they have to say.

Good thing you ot it figured out Natalie! I was worried for you.
How exciting pixie! Do you feel like you're peeing more now? I've green told that's what happens when LO drops. I'm so excited to hit that point so I can start to breath again.

I was a bit worried too, especially because I've been noticing that my midwife doesn't show up to her deliveries till its almost over, and the clinic she is with is really into inductions and C-Sections when they are not needed. Which I want to try to stay away from, so home birth it is. I am glad I found out that medicaid will pay her for the prenatal appointments even if she delivers or not. I think she told me that because she was mad that I was wanting a home birth and she wanted to get paid for delivering. I didn't realize that she absolutely won't do home births. She only delivers in hospitals.

I do feel like I have to pee more, and the urge to go is a lot stronger, by the time I feel I have to go I'm worried I might not make it.

Wow Natalie - what a roller coaster! Glad you got it straightened out tho! I'm really surprised your MIDWIFE shows up late to deliveries & has a high c section rate!! I chose to go with a midwife over an ob because she would be with my while I labor and is against c sections unless absolutely necessary. Weird. Where are you from?? US? UK?

Natalie, where are you in AR in relation to MissPriss (not that I know where she is, you guys would have to talk about that!). I know she's planning a home birth, maybe her midwife would know someone in your area she could recommend.

Bella- in in the U.S. I think its because my midwife works out of an OB clinic so she has to many people using her as their midwife that she doesn't have as lax of a schedule so she is running around like a chicken with her head cut off. I also was told by a friend that she didn't show up to her labor till she was already pushing and her baby was coming out wrong so she had to push her baby back in and do a emergency C-section. Which wouldn't have been a problem if she would have been there to make sure the baby was engaged right in the first place. I haven't heard any good stories about her lately and that makes me nervous. Plus the fact that she lied to me trying to make me think she wouldn't get paid for the prenatal if she didn't deliver, really makes me mad.

NeverNormal- I was considering that, I even found a midwife that would deliver at home and she even lowered her price to $1,000 and I could pay it off in payments. But DH already has to pay off a $1,000 dollars right now and adding another would be really stressful since I don't have an income atm. :/ If I could go in and make sure he is engaged when I am about to go into labor and have a heart monitor I am all for having Kyles mother assist with the birth since she has delivered before. Its all just getting stressful. I have the fact that I am 35 miles from a hospital, no car and if I go into labor during the week days before DH is out of school, he will be 2 hours away, my mother will be at work and so will my sister. I've got alot of planning that I have been wanting to get done but no one has really made an effort to try to help decide where, when and how? I know what I'd like to do, but I have to have people agree and make it final.

My midwife also doesn't do any of the prenatal check-ups at all, her nurses do everything. Then she comes in 10 minutes later and ask if I have any questions. She isn't really involved in the pregnancy at all.

Sounds like you might need to shop around a bit Natalie. Do you have health care?

Wow. I thought my OB was bad! I don't have the option of a midwife here, unfortunately, and DH is in no way comfortable with an unassisted homebirth. I've jokingly (but kind of seriously) suggested it several times, as my options here are terrible, but I'm just hoping I go into labor on my own and can labor at home as long as possible. That should theoretically minimize interventions.

D: anyone else? Baby has been making me feel like I'm going to pee myself and I know I'm not going to because its sometimes right after I went pee, but really its like his head is pushing down, not tons of pressure, but a tingly feeling like when you almost involuntarily pee yourself? I've been getting that all day, and off and on through out the past few days. Surely I'm not dilating am I?

Not me! Though two nights ago I sneezed and DID pee myself, despite the fact I didn't feel like my bladder was super full! Luckily I was home. I find my bladder comfort just really has a lot to do with how the baby is laying... then sometimes changing my own position helps a lot.

I sneeze peed the first week of February with a medium full bladder. I think it just happens.

D: anyone else? Baby has been making me feel like I'm going to pee myself and I know I'm not going to because its sometimes right after I went pee, but really its like his head is pushing down, not tons of pressure, but a tingly feeling like when you almost involuntarily pee yourself? I've been getting that all day, and off and on through out the past few days. Surely I'm not dilating am I?

I feel the same way from time to time, my bladder can even be completely empty and I'll still feel like I have to go.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->