Pregnant with #1 ~ May Babies 2013!

Feeling a little nervous- I've noticed my urine recently has a super sweet smell to it and i've been leaking(?) or maybe having a brownish discharge. After checking Dr. google I got concerned that it might be amnio fluid, so I called my doc. They are having me come in tomorrow to test my urine. ANyone have any experience with this type of thing?

I felt similarly about my shower too Natalie. All of my family came through, but less then half of my girlfriends. But I'm not surprised. My gf's are really never accountable. But we got some great gifts and it was a nice day. Only about half the gifts were from the registry though. I don't mean to seem ungrateful, but its difficult to open the tenth blanket when you have no changing pad, diapers, monitor or boppy pillow. And we got so many clothes! Too many.
All of the nighties I got are for nursing so they have easy boob access or special hidden
panels to pop a nipple out.

My showers seem so far away...My family is throwing me one April 7th, my office is throwing me one April 19th, and my in-laws are throwing me one...date TBD. *sigh*

I hope people use the registry, if it isn't on the registry I probably already have it or don't want/need it! (Since I've been buying a lot of second hand stuff along the way...)

Went to the doc and she thinks it might just be a yeast infection or something, not sure, but nothing to worry about for sure, so that was a relief!

We have our last shower on April 6th, but from my experience the first time, about half the people bought off the registry. I just took a bunch of stuff back and bought things off the registry or similar. So maybe that'll help some of you guys too!

I'm with you! My shower is April 7th also. One of the things I like about team yellow is I think people will be less apt to buy clothes for shower gifts and hopefully will stick to the registry! I've been spreading the word that I'm NOT a fan of gender neutral clothing so hopefully that helps!! Not trying to sound ungrateful.... But if people want to buy us stuff to help with the baby it would be nice to receive things that are really needed! I was actually excited bc yesterday we received our first shower gift in the mail from my aunt and uncle who live on the other side of the US & it was a second base for our carseat! Maybe not a glamorous gift but its very practical & we are very happy to have it! :)

You girls make me feel so much better. We just really need the practical stuff too. When I tried to do the returns, the people had scratched off the tags, so I wound up getting bottom dollar. Some things were impossible to figure out where they came from. It was a job in itself. It was tough. :(
Happy to hear you are ok jdub!

I'm not having my shower until after the baby is here, so we have to at least have the basics already ourselves. I'm not a fan of gender neutral clothing either! My shower is scheduled for June 9th, and for various reasons I probably won't go later than May 25th before being induced, so baby will be 2 weeks old at the shower if they don't arrive prior to that! TBH I think I can get by without a lot of stuff the first few weeks, so hopefully people will get things from the registry. I don't mind clothing though as I'm not going to buy a lot of it prior to the birth, just some stuff to get us through the beginning really, so clothing will be needed.

I'm with you! My shower is April 7th also. One of the things I like about team yellow is I think people will be less apt to buy clothes for shower gifts and hopefully will stick to the registry! I've been spreading the word that I'm NOT a fan of gender neutral clothing so hopefully that helps!! Not trying to sound ungrateful.... But if people want to buy us stuff to help with the baby it would be nice to receive things that are really needed! I was actually excited bc yesterday we received our first shower gift in the mail from my aunt and uncle who live on the other side of the US & it was a second base for our carseat! Maybe not a glamorous gift but its very practical & we are very happy to have it! :)

Yeah, I specifically stated (on the registry) that we don't like yellow...maybe that will keep away some yellow clothes?

I have a feeling my work friends will go registry or gift card, because they are not so close to me and feel no need to get a "sentimental" or special gift. My in-laws will probably do the same, because we are not as close. My family on the other hand, didn't buy off the registry for our wedding, so....

I so wish we had baby showers here... but it isn't really popular in the UK.... can't wait to hear about all the lovely baby loot you all get!

I've just been patiently growing. I've developed this thought that I am going to be pregnant forever. Which I think is normal when it comes down to the last few weeks?

Very uncomfortable, I'm really looking forward to having these babies soon!

We've nearly got the nursery assembled! Just a few final touches to go!

Just plugging along really. Pregnancy has given me a weird sense of time, it seems. It seems like May is still so far away, and yet so close at the same time. Also, it seems like I've been pregnant forever, but also like I just found out yesterday :wacko:

Made a sheet for our crib on Thursday (3 more to go), had our childbirth preparation class today (waste of time and money!!!), and wondered why/how I have the stretchmarks that I do already. I'm not even that big. It looks like the baby is TRYING to grow straight out of my belly button, and my stomach just won't stretch, as all of my stretch marks circle that.

Never - my sense of time is exactly the same!! I get it!

AFM with the nursery, believe it or not, I think DH is nesting! He's taken to scraping the pop orb off the ceiling in the baby's room, and plans to paint the woodwork white, then we'll paint the walls... I can't wait for that so we can start to put together and set up the furniture!

Shower gifts are starting to come in the mail from far-away family that can't make the shower. Exciting! Can't wait to hold LO in my arms!!!

Time has a dreamlike quality for me lately... it is like it is fast forwarding super fast and then slowing down. Still can't take in that possibly as soon as 4 wks time he could be here and our walk through hell as I like to call it will be ended... I don't mean my pregnancy when I say hell.. I mean 10 years of grief, loss, pain and trying could end. I always said that I could walk through hell so long as I had my Husband with me and the light of possibility ahead.

33 wks has clearly brought out the deeper side of me guys! Sorry!

Leo's wall decals are going up in his nursery today YAY! I am nesting Bella... wish my Hubby was, he still thinks we have all the time in the world! LOL

And I am now a honey dew! Wahoo... was getting bored of being a squash! LOL

Padbrat, I'm sure it is a relief to be getting towards the end of such a long, painful journey! I LTTTCed for 2 years with not a hint of a bfp, and that was hard enough. I can't imagine going through what you have :hug:

My hubby still thinks we have all the time in the world too. I'm not really sure when/if he'll feel a sense of urgency about the arrival of this baby!

Never, I remember the years that stretched between BFP's and worrying I will never get the chance again... and then worrying that I will and I will lose another baby. But now we are here aren't we! Amazing isn't it!

I think they will have a sense of urgency once we are in the labor ward! Hahhaa

I feel so lucky that we didn't have trouble getting pregnant. I hear everyday about people that tried for years, and it doesn't seem fair.

DH mentioned the other day that soon we wouldn't be able to go anywhere without a baby attached to us- and I laughed and said what do you think is in this big belly???!! So not real to them yet!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->