Pregnant with #1 ~ May Babies 2013!

Yay for all the new ladies! I'm May 8, but as we all know, most babies don't come on their due date. it still doesn't feel real to me either. I think it will sink in more after the first scan, or at least I hope it does!!

Yay for all the new ladies! I'm May 8, but as we all know, most babies don't come on their due date. it still doesn't feel real to me either. I think it will sink in more after the first scan, or at least I hope it does!!

If my baby is anything like my DH or I, it will come out when it damn well pleases!!! lol.

Not until Sept. 19! It feels like an eternity away. And I'm super terrified because it is my first time meeting my new doctor. Makes it feel so high pressure, know what I mean? How about you? Have you scheduled an appointment with your OB yet?

I am having back twinges too... last time it happened to me I mentioned it to the sonographer whilst she was scanning me and she said mine was due to the corpus luteum cyst that grows on the ovary that released the egg. It produces the progesterone to support the pregnancy... so if you do get pain in one area of your back it could be that.

I am sure that you will be absoutely fine as soon as you've met them it'll put your mind at ease. Try not to worry about the change in doc, you're the most important person right now and need to be calm for the sake of your little angel!

I saw my doc today and she is going to book in my 12 week scan and write to me with the date, I am so on edge! My husband and I have decided to book a private scan for 1st October as we just can't wait!

Wowsers - so much to consider, so much to do - I can barely contain myself.

Question for all the fellow 'moms to be'
- debate on mid-wife or doctor? what are your views?

Hello Sara I'm due 17th may too! And I've had sore nipples too. Sometimes boobs are sore but not overly. Had some tiredness but that's pretty much it! Doesn't feel like theres anything there lol.

Have taken a few tests to convince myself!

I totally agree with the 'doesnt feel like theres anything there'..!
How exciting being the same due date ;)

i'm the same - apart from sore nipples and the occasional tummy or back cramp, I don't feel any different. i'm going to enjoy it while it lasts!!!

Where I live we don't have midwives or at least I don't know of any! I live in a very small rural area in the southwest part of Virginia in the US. I'm going through my OB office. My first appointment is this Friday with one of the two doctors that I have to see. This is the only OB office in my area (without having to drive a good bit to get to another and then have to go to another hospital too!) My OB office goes back and forth between both OBs so that we feel comfortable with both, should the one we are seeing not be able to deliver us! I'm really nervous about my appointment because I've never seen this doctor before! I usually see the other one!

I'm also going a little insane today! I had my first beta last Thursday and it was 997. My RE decided to run my numbers again yesterday and check my progesterone and my Free T4 (Thyroid stuff)! I've called twice for my results and my RE has been in surgery all day and has not been able to read them yet! Ugh!!! I just want to know that everything is going the way it's supossed to! Is that too much to ask???

On a brighter note, my mom is going to Target today and getting me a belly band since the baby bloat is making all of my clothes WAY to tight! Hope all of you ladies are feeling great! I'm still very tired and much more easily annoyed! That has been very difficult since I'm a special education teacher!

Sorry this was so long! Too much on my mind I guess!

I'll be going with a doctor... but I've been seeing an ob/gyn already for basic infertility treatment (clomid with some monitoring). Most likely I'll stick with him, but I never even thought about checking out any midwives in the area!

Over here in the uk we usually see only midwives and then doctors if there's a problem. We have midwife only led units in certain areas...I think in the hospital I'm to be based at for my maternity care has a separate midwife led birthing unit which is where I'd like to go as long as I remain low risk... So much choice of how to give birth to your baby naturally :)

Most things in the U.S. are doctor based... but that doesn't mean you can't go naturally (or at least have a doctor who will do his/her best to help you do that if that's what you want)! It all depends on the philosophies of that particular doctor. Like I said, I've been seeing my doctor for infertility, and I like his approach on that. However, when it comes to pregnancy/labor/birth, if I'm not comfortable with his standard practice, I'll go elsewhere!

Oh I'm sure the docs do do their best!

I meant at the birthing units they don't have facilities for things like epidurals...not sure how far they go for pain relief but I think they try to encourage other techniques like water birth for example. If an epidural or c-section is needed the mother would need to be transferred to a hosp with a theatre.

I'm sure your doc will be good when it comes to allowing you to choose which birth plan is for you, other wise defo find a new one!

So to change the subject... who leaves an ice cream cake in a pregnant woman's office??? Cruel and unusual punishment!!

I'd love to join you ladies if it's not too late :)

After ttc for years we just got our :bfp: this morning and are due 4 days before our 6th wedding anniversary! May 23rd! I am going into my RE's office for Blood work on Thursday. Yay!!!

Hello everyone! I am 5 weeks pregnant with our first! Our baby is due May 13th and our first sonogram is September 26!! So anxious!!

I am crazy bloated, I call it my "Bloat Baby", extrememy tired, nauseous in the afternoon/night and some cramping! Ughh

But we are SOOOO excited!!! And praying that things keep going good!!

Im consultant Led, which for me is best, as the consultant have the final say so... so for me it cuts out the middle man (midwife)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->