Pregnant with #3 after loss - early scan?

LoPanda

Mama to 2 expecting #3
Reaction score
Found out last week I'm pregnant with baby 3, after trying for about a year and a loss around 6.5 weeks a few months ago.

I was bleeding from the start last time but all signs are looking good this time so I'm trying to be cautiously optimistic and praying this one sticks.

I'm not sure on my dates exactly as been irregular since miscarriage but I think I'd be around 5 weeks. Does anyone know if I'll get an early scan with not being sure on dates? I'm in the UK.

I had horrendous morning sickness with my first two, but I'm almost hoping I get that again as at least its a symptom that means all is OK for me!

L x

Hi hun probably not unfortunately. I have a history of loss and when pregnant with my last baby I was unsure on dates but my midwife just took a rough guess of how many weeks I was and booked my scan in for when I reached 12 weeks.

Most early pregnancy units won't scan in early pregnancy unless you have either suffered 3 losses or more or you have problems that warrant a scan.

There is no harm in asking though. I hope this pregnancy goes smoothly for you. I know how worrying it can be. x

I'm 12+5 and have had 4 scans in the early pregnancy unit, but only because of pain/bleeding.
Have my official dating and nuchal scan next Wednesday x

Hi Hun congrats on number 3! I'm preg with #3 aswel, not sure on dates as I recently had my implant removed so I've booked a scan through a private company, it's called a reassurance scan they said it's just a quick scan to make sure everything is as it should be and give you a more accurate due date. It only cost £45 maybe there's something like that near to you if you don't have any luck with NHS xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sylvi.H.
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->