Pregnant with a toddler

Kern

Reaction score
Man, the exhaustion has just hit me hard. I remember it being bad last time but I didn't have a toddler to chase after. 😂 I just want to sleep all of the time but baby has been waking up randomly at night when he was sleeping through the night and then he's running around like a crazy man. I just feel bad letting the chores slide because I have zero energy.

Any tips for making the guilt go away? I feel so lazy and I despise it! I'm only 4 weeks in! Last time the exhaustion was the biggest symptom and I feel it lasted the entire first trimester. Whew!

I know how you feel! I have a 3yr old and a 2 year old! Exhausted is the word!if your little one naps try and nap,if you are at home that is! My staying up late these days is 9pm!! The boys haven't taken to the time change so they are up by 6am every morning :( this is going to be a tough pregnancy!!!! Although I worked while pregnant the last 2 times, I think sitting in an office doing paperwork beat running a free 2 toddlers!!!! No advise really, just empatising with you :)

I have a 3 year old and it is very difficult, especially as I am also working full time. I felt the tiredness last time so badly because it was something I wasnt used to, however, having been running around after my son for 3 years, sleepless nights etc, I have grown a little more acustomed to it.

I think for this period you just have to let things slide, prioritise what really needs done and the rest will be waiting for you when you are in second trimester and feelign a bit better.

This is my list of priorities:

Clean Clothes/Hygiene (bathing, showering etc)
Food

Everything else will wait lol!!

I'm pregnant with a 2 year old. That's exhausting enough lol! I feel you though, it is extremely tough but there is always a light at the end of the tunnel!

I hear ya! Pregnant with a 19 month old. Tiredness is my biggest complaint so far & long may it stay that way. Tiredness I can handle (just about!) but the sickness I had on my last pregnancies was unbearable. I can't imagine going through that with a toddler.

Saying that, I hope hubby gets home soon so that I can have a cat nap! :sleep:

I have a 17 month old and im 10 weeks now. Nap when he naps (makes a HUGE difference for me), only do the basics like someone else said (clean clothes, bathe, feed them...this goes for you too!). I have been reading a TON of books to him and MAYBE turning on the tv a little extra so i can just relax with him. I find myself laying on the play room floor with a pillow a lot while we play with train sets or blocks. Just hang in there!

I'm glad I'm not the only one! You ladies have eased my mind a little! I'm not working right now though I may be soon, I worked last time and it was hard enough with no child to come home to! Haha

I like the idea of just doing the basics, hope my husband can understand! I've already had a few meltdowns, how I've forgotten about those hormones! So soon too, my goodness!

Pregnant with a nearly 3 year old and 41 years old, plus I have Ehlers-Danlos Syndrome! It's a wonder I can even get out of bed ;)

Got a nearly four yr old a two yr old and eight month old plus two older kids I don't know how I get through each day tbh

Yep exhausted running around with my 3 yr old but know be light at the end of the tunnel :)

Been reading and lots of craft stuff or walks or visiting people at mo but housework hardly do atm lol

I feel your pain. It's not easy!! Take it one day at a time. That's all you can do at this point. As long as your little guy is taken care of than that's all that matters;)
I'm pregnant with #4 and the exhaustion seems never ending...but by the 2nd trimester you will feel more human;) hang in there! Chores can wait!

Agree with everything you all said! I am finding it MUCH harder second time around!

I had that guilt when pregnant with Sophie. Thomas was about 14 months old, and he suffered no bad side effects from me being a lazy bones most of the time in first tri. They are too little to remember anything anyway. This time I have a 5 and 3 year old so I expect it to be easier (please?).

I have had terrible sickness since 5 weeks on top of the exhaustion.. My 3 year old has watched more TV and had more computer time in the last 6 weeks than in the rest of his life put together!!! I try to look at it like this, he might have less stimulation for a few months but he'll benefit from having a sibling all his life. I do still feel guilty though!

I found this blog with loads of ideas of how to entertain a toddler while sofa bound and they've been great:
adventuresofadam.co.uk/ultimate-hg-friendly-play-activities/

I have no idea how you ladies do it. I don't have a toddler and I am barely managing to stay awake enough hours to get things done.

Pregnant with a 14 month old! At the beginning of my pregnancy, I was SO exhausted and my daughter started waking up in the middle of the night (which she hadn't done for months!). I'm 10 weeks now and the exhaustion is definately not as bad and way more manageable. Don't feel guilty! You're growing another little human...of course you're going to be tired!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
queenmom14
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->