Pregnant with no hCG? UPDATE: Took a pink dye test...Do you see anything

Keeping my FX for your blood test! So glad the Dr got you in. I'm one of those that got positive blue dyes and negative frer so I'm hopeful for you :flower:

Really?!! That is so hopeful to hear. Was it an immediate positive on blue dye? Every one of my "positives" have all been immediate. That's the reason my hopes are up a little!

The cryptic pregnancy /mental disorder link- There are basically two ways of thought on this. There are women who feel they have been pregnant for years with no baby to show and no positive hpt or sonograms and then there are women who suspect pregnancy but can't prove it or don't suspect anything and test negative on hpt but would test positive on a blood test or show on a sonogram, but no doctor will listen and actually test. What happened to me and my eventual miscarriage was definitely what would be classified as a cryptic pregnancy of the second sort as I didn't get a positive but twice and it was after I had been late by months. No doctor would listen and give me a blood test. No local options were available for ultrasound privately for me.
My issue was the fetus wasn't growing at the correct rate or died fairly early (7-8 week stage) but I didn't have a miscarriage until I was close to 15 weeks late.

Cryptic pregnancy of the second sort is very real and does not in any way mean a woman has a mental issue. Now women who think they have been pregnant for more than a year I would say they definitely have a mental problem.

Mer, hope you get a clear answer soon- the not knowing is the worst.

Thank you!!

It really is the worst...I just want to know! I hope I get my answer here very soon!

Good luck with the blood test, I hope you get the outcome you want. Xx

Yep all of mine came up within 3 minutes and they weren't even squinters. But I didn't get a positive frer until the day before my period was due.

Peace there are lots of people who have negative hpts but get positive blood tests. HCG doesn't always show in a urine test for lots of reasons. I'm sorry the Drs wouldn't give you a blood test, especially being so late:hugs:

I haven't read anything about cryptic pregnancies being related to any mental disorder. I haven't looked at every page on the web but from the various links I have looked at I haven't read a single thing being mentioned about mental disorders.

But, I think this kind of thing is incredibly rare and this is much more likely due to bc.

Any update?

Did you notice that the sites on the web aren't backed by medical professionals? The information I read was from my Dr. Not the internet.

I did, yes. I also saw from your post that you said "most of what I have read", which would imply you did the same as I did, and what many people do - search the internet for information, when they don't have firsthand experience of something themselves. You didn't say your doctor told you this, that the information you read came from them.
I have read various things from information which reads like complete rubbish, to threads from a load of different women who have had varying experiences with this.
I hadn't found anything to do with this being related to mental ill health, and so I responded to that.

Mer, I'm pleased your doctor is being so helpful. Hopefully you will have answers soon

The cryptic pregnancy /mental disorder link- There are basically two ways of thought on this. There are women who feel they have been pregnant for years with no baby to show and no positive hpt or sonograms and then there are women who suspect pregnancy but can't prove it or don't suspect anything and test negative on hpt but would test positive on a blood test or show on a sonogram, but no doctor will listen and actually test. What happened to me and my eventual miscarriage was definitely what would be classified as a cryptic pregnancy of the second sort as I didn't get a positive but twice and it was after I had been late by months. No doctor would listen and give me a blood test. No local options were available for ultrasound privately for me.
My issue was the fetus wasn't growing at the correct rate or died fairly early (7-8 week stage) but I didn't have a miscarriage until I was close to 15 weeks late.

Cryptic pregnancy of the second sort is very real and does not in any way mean a woman has a mental issue. Now women who think they have been pregnant for more than a year I would say they definitely have a mental problem.

Mer, hope you get a clear answer soon- the not knowing is the worst.

What you explain here is the kind of thing I have read about. I agree if someone thinks they are pregnant for that length of time without a baby or any evidence in any way despite having had various tests, this must be a psychological issue.
I'm sorry for what you experienced, this must have been incredibly hard :hugs:

Yep all of mine came up within 3 minutes and they weren't even squinters. But I didn't get a positive frer until the day before my period was due.

Peace there are lots of people who have negative hpts but get positive blood tests. HCG doesn't always show in a urine test for lots of reasons. I'm sorry the Drs wouldn't give you a blood test, especially being so late:hugs:

Oh no, the doctors did give me a blood test! They surpressed the urine all together since I'm so late!

[/QUOTE]
Oh no, the doctors did give me a blood test! They surpressed the urine all together since I'm so late![/QUOTE]

That was to Cppeace. When she had negative HPT being weeks late and had other symptoms, the Drs refused to even give her a blood test.

Oh no, the doctors did give me a blood test! They surpressed the urine all together since I'm so late![/QUOTE]

That was to Cppeace. When she had negative HPT being weeks late and had other symptoms, the Drs refused to even give her a blood test.[/QUOTE]

Ahhh! Gotcha :) sorry about that!

Yep was 3 months late called 17 local doctors- not one within 30 miles would give me a blood test without the in office urine test being positive.Every single one said if the hpt is negative your not pregnant. Even the same hospital that I miscarried at.

Yep was 3 months late called 17 local doctors- not one within 30 miles would give me a blood test without the in office urine test being positive.Every single one said if the hpt is negative your not pregnant. Even the same hospital that I miscarried at.
That is insane. My sister in law was a month late, had all neg hpts. Finally went to Dr because of pains. They immediately did a blood test, and guess what? Pregnant. And ectopic. So that's pretty scary that they wouldn't do a blood test.

Yep- it just added to my utter hatred of the medical community. There was a clinic around 50 miles away that said they would do a blood test but we didn't have a decent vehicle at the time- needed 3 new tires and a replaced radiator, but it still would get him to work the 2 miles and back. I wasn't in pain, spotting or having any real symptoms of it until I started miscarrying so wasn't really worried about it being ectopic.It just made me furious that they wouldn't do a simple test that I was going to pay for because they wouldn't make enough profit off it but they sure offered to do all sorts of things I didn't want to do.

This is absolutely ridiculous. I thought it was relatively common knowledge some women don't see a positive urine test but would see a positive blood test! This was incredibly irresponsible of them.

Actually a friend of mine didn't know she was pregnant until she was about six months along. They tested her urine and gave her water pills. Then later on she came home, sat down and saw her belly move! She gave birth six weeks after she found out. The doctor was useless

I can't help but keep testing even though I know I have a blood test result coming back Monday or so! I think this looks like a positive. What do you think? I still feel like I can't believe until it's on a FRER lol. But those are so darn expensive, and I can't find the original version. Only the new handle ones.

Attachments

• IMG_3469.jpg
    IMG_3469.jpg
    38.4 KB · Views: 28
Looks like a positive to me, was it taken within the timeframe?

That looks positive to me!

I don't trust the curved frer

That's positive as long as in time frame.

I'm pretty sure it was taken in the time period!!!! If it were an evap, wouldn't it have no color, and not be as thick?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->