Pregnant with no hCG? UPDATE: Took a pink dye test...Do you see anything

Not necessarily- some fr evaps are pretty convincing but they usually don't show up for 30 mins or more- once totally dry.

Not necessarily- some fr evaps are pretty convincing but they usually don't show up for 30 mins or more- once totally dry.

Oh, this was definitely within 5 minutes! It was still wet when I took the picture. I just wasn't sure if 5 minutes was in the time frame. I did see it when I first took the test though. But there was a lot of pink at that time, so after the pink went down a little I took the pic :)

Yeah anything within 6 mins is great- within 10 minutes is still fine to me as well, but most true positives show up within 5 minutes.

Yeah anything within 6 mins is great- within 10 minutes is still fine to me as well, but most true positives show up within 5 minutes.

Good to know!!! I hate to keep testing, but it's so frustrating not having a definite answer! Hopefully Monday I will find out the results of my blood test!

My frer evaps looked very legit. My CB evaps were either too skinny or in the wrong place. But 6 mins is def in time frame! So hopeful for you! I'd totally still be testing until I got the blood results too lol

My frer evaps looked very legit. My CB evaps were either too skinny or in the wrong place. But 6 mins is def in time frame! So hopeful for you! I'd totally still be testing until I got the blood results too lol

Right?! It's so hard not too!!! I have found most of my 'positives' come early evening, so I will definitely be testing again tomorrow evening!

Yes, this about the FRERs, the curved type at least. I have seen some which look positive and have turned out to be evaps. I don't know why they had to mess about with the test in the first place. Why fix something that isn't broken.
And I would also be testing until I had my bloods back, to see if the lines got darker (although if you do and they don't progress much right away, don't be disheartened as sometimes progression can be slower)

Alright everyone, so I got my blood test update, and it was negative. However, since I got two BFP home tests this weekend, they made me come back in for a quantitative blood test. I will find out those results tomorrow. If that one also comes back negative, they will schedule me for an ultra sound with the doctor to see what's actually going on!

So far I have about 6 BFP, and 8 BFN. Has this happened to anyone else?

Have the tests gotten any darker though?

there are other things that can cause positive HPTs, so it's good that your Dr is doing an ultrasound to see whats going on.

Have the tests gotten any darker though?

there are other things that can cause positive HPTs, so it's good that your Dr is doing an ultrasound to see whats going on.

yes, the first two BFP I took were faint, and the last two were dark, and not squinters at all!

Good luck! I hope you get this figured out and it's your bfp. I know it's got to be frustrating for you.

You say they are getting you in for a quantitative blood test, does this mean the previous blood test was a qualitative? Because if it was, this is the same thing as a urine test, it detects a certain amount of hCG in your blood, rather than measuring the actual number, which is what a quantitative blood test does.
I hope it returns positive for you

You say they are getting you in for a quantitative blood test, does this mean the previous blood test was a qualitative? Because if it was, this is the same thing as a urine test, it detects a certain amount of hCG in your blood, rather than measuring the actual number, which is what a quantitative blood test does.
I hope it returns positive for you

Yes, Correct! Previous blood test was a qualitative blood test. It was very confusing because she said that the qualitative was negative, but they wanted me to come in for a quantitative to see how far along I was! lol do these people not realize that saying that to someone who thinks they are pregnant is just going to drive them crazy! I don't see how people don't go completely insane TTC!

I find this rather silly of them! Bit of a waste of time considering it does the same as a urine test and only drags things out for you. Good they are going to do a quantitative though, this should give you a clear answer :)

I find this rather silly of them! Bit of a waste of time considering it does the same as a urine test and only drags things out for you. Good they are going to do a quantitative though, this should give you a clear answer :)

I was thinking the exact same thing! Why not just do the quantitative in the first place?

Omg how ridiculous! Glad they are doing it though, a lot of Drs wouldn't bother :wacko: when will you get the results?

Omg how ridiculous! Glad they are doing it though, a lot of Drs wouldn't bother :wacko: when will you get the results?

I get the results tomorrow! If it's negative as well, then I will get an ultra sound!

I find it shocking how many times I have read here alone doctors refusing a quantitative blood test when there are quite obvious grounds for doing it. It's easy for them, they don't have to worry about it, but the person asking for the test has probably been sat there for ages driving themselves crackers with positive and then blank tests, wondering what on earth is happening! I think they should do them when there's a good reason to, like this

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sylvi.H.
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->