prenatal care cost

i think it's the middle class that gets it the worse honestly. if you're rich then obviously it doesn't matter to you what you pay. if you're poor, you get government benefits, but if you're working full time but don't make six figures then it's friggin hard...or at least it is in the DC area. amalee, I know how you feel, I got booted from my parents policy real early on bc I got married before I turned 26...and we were both in school so I was uninsured for like....five years.

lmao...this is very true. :) but it's COLD! i'm from the south I'm allergic to cold hehe

i think it's the middle class that gets it the worse honestly. if you're rich then obviously it doesn't matter to you what you pay. if you're poor, you get government benefits, but if you're working full time but don't make six figures then it's friggin hard...or at least it is in the DC area. amalee, I know how you feel, I got booted from my parents policy real early on bc I got married before I turned 26...and we were both in school so I was uninsured for like....five years.

Totally agree. I decided to go without insurance for now anyway, since open enrollment is in Oct at hub's work, I can get added on if I get pregnant this cycle or next - otherwise I'll wait and go with the Obamacare plan, which is way cheaper.

ok, so you ladies were right. I called the hospital for like five days in a row because apparently there's only one person there who can do quotes and he wasn't even affiliated with the hospital...he was a remote worker or something. so anyways, I finally got fed up and found someone else who was actually IN the hospital to tell me what the cost was. the lady was so nice and got my insurance info to give me a fairly accurate number...she said it would cost about $3100. that's not too far off from the number in the OP, BUT hey that's a grand.. I could go to a really nice dinner on that...haha.a REALLY nice dinner.

Good to hear! And do you actually have to pay the full amount up front, then wait 9 months to be refunded?

ummm...i think with the prenatal care you pay up front and then get reimbursed when they submit to the insurance company after the fact...and then for the hospital...you have to be settled up before they'll discharge you.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lynnedm78
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->