Prenatal Vitamins

M

missimpatient

Can these actually help to concieve, or just benifical for pregnancy and breastfeeding? Are theyre any types of food naturally high in folic acid?

Foods naturaly high in folic acid are your green leefy veg but you need to eat a LOT to get the RDA. They dont help you concieve but the healtier you are the more likely you are to concive

I wouldn't say they help you conceive but taking prenatal vitamins is a good idea if you plan on getting pregnant. It has vitamins in it such as folic acid which can help prevent certain birth defects.

As Lozzy says, being healthy will help you but not the vitamins themselves - although obviously you should take them anyway as although they may not help you have a baby, they will help benefit your baby once you conceive.

xx

oh and there's quite a few cereals that have added folic acid in them (and I think some loaves of bread do too) x

folic acid is very important in the formation of the spinal column n nerves of a lo and preventing birth defects in particular spina bifida.

its best to start taking folic acid at least 3 months prior to trying, throughout ttc and into week 13, also its reported to be wise to take throughout pregnancy but those first 13 weeks are most important.

i take santogen pro natal as it contains folic acid and is a multi vitamin have been since ttc throughout my short preg, bk to ttc and now wtt, in short im just not stopping taking them!

I recently went to the docs just to have a check up and she prescribed me with prenatal vitamins. Don't help you have babies, but lots of good vitamins, e.g. like folic acid that you need in your body, when you don't get that much! :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->