Prenatal with NO iron?

gaves99

DD May 2014, DSD Aug 2003
Reaction score
Have any of you tried a prenatal without iron to see if it helps MS?? I have heard it can help as too much iron can be hard to tolerate right now. MS is killing me... And I'm willing to try anything! Is it ok to go off iron for now?! My appt is the 30th so I will ask then.

My doctor said I wouldn't need an iron supplement. I am about 9 weeks and have had nothing other than a urine test -no bloods so no idea if I am getting enough but I hope I am through diet alone. I personally would if it helps with your sickness provided you are eating iron in your diet.

I am in Scotland, none of my 'mummy' friends took a supplement and my own mother didn't. I would think that if your diet makes up for it its fine

The iron does make a difference for me with MS. I switched to a flinstone vitamin as the prenatal was making me very ill. Even the flinstone was making me sick so I switched to a children's gummy (no iron) and it's better. I still have to take it in half doses, my stomach is just so sensitive right now.

You don't need a prenatal if your diet is sufficient, you only actually need is a good level of vitamin d and folic acid, the rest can wait

I stopped taking my pre-natel with Iron in and MS/Constipation has significantly improved since. I just take folic acid and Vit D now. I try to include lots of iron in my diet instead.

My OB insisted that I continue on my prenatals, so i started taking them at night just before bed and it helped. Have you tried that?

Thanks ladies. I talked to my pharmacist last night and she suggested a vitamin without iron for now as well as b-6. I will try this for a week until my appt and see what the dr has to say. I know I need to eat better too! She also suggested taking half doses spread out with food and the b-6 before bed. We will see!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->