Preparing?

Lilaala

LTTTC Alumni
Reaction score
Just wondering how many of you lovely ladies are taking vitamins, folic acid, etc. Exercising and working to get that between 20 and 25 BMI, charting your cycle to get to know it, researching everything pregnancy, baby, toddler related, looking at baby items/clothes and pricing things/deciding on types, and just generally preparing in every way you can before you officially start TTC?

I've been working on all that, and I'm wondering if I'm alone. :blush:

Also wondering what your plans are once you start TTC? Just do the babydance like crazy and cross your fingers, or chart and temp and such to try to increase the odds?

I kind of think I might just cut out all contraceptives and see what happens, at least at first! :dance:

I'm preparing. I've been charting for 2 years now and i've just bought some ovulation tests to confirm ovulation. I take supplements and herbs to regulate my cycles, other wise they are very wacky. We're not ttc for another 2years so I'll have 4 years of charing behind my belt!

I've started exercising to aim to make my cycles even healthier and my body fitter!

When we do TTC, we'll start just bd'ing more around O, and not protect. Just let nature work its magic lol. If that fails after 3-6 months, i'll be more obsessive. Cause I chart it will be hard not to be anyway!

Hi Lilaala and Broody!

Sorry to ask a stupid question, but I'm a complete novice at this and trying to learn from everyone else! Lots of people talk about charting your cycle, but how exactly do you do that? I know you're tracking your periods in some way, but why and how is it done?

Sorry to be a dumbo!

Not a stupid question at all! When I started it was SO confusing, seemed like a foreign language.

You get yourself a digital bbt thermometer (cheap on ebay, chemists etc). Preferably one that's specific e.g. 36.56 rather than 36.6.

*You take your temp every day at the same time.

*You can't make any major movement. I don't mean wriggling, I mean getting up for the loo.

*It's only accurate after atleast 3 consecutive hours of sleep.

That's the rules, so I'll try and explain how it shows ovulation/af.

Ovulation varies really, typically women get a rise in temp which shows ovulation. And with af you get a temp drop!

Fertility friend is the best free site, it detects ovulation for you and emails you courses that fill in lots of gaps!

If you want a quick read through https://www.fertilityfriend.com/chartingbasics.html

Thanks for replying! Good to know I'm not an oddity!

Tchan, Broody totally beat me to it! :rofl: She's right it's not a stupid question in the slightest! I use www.fertilityfriend.com as well, though only for tracking my menses, I don't temp or check cm. :blush:

I take a multivitamin, I chart and use fertilityfriend, I also eat healthy, do daily excercises/yoga. We are WTT until late '09, after our son's 2nd birthday. When we start TTCing I'll switch to the prenatal vitamin I took when pregnant with Hunter, and will still chart, etc.

I am taking the pregnacare original so it has a combined folic acid that we need and so vitamins also.

I am coming off the pill in 29 days :happydance:

I am not going to chart temps or CM - I have bought a Clearblue Fertility Monitor which tells you your peak times - it apparently has a quick success rate of becoming pregnant

At the moment all i'm doing is trying to lose weight & get regular exercise. i wont be coming off the pill for another year and a half. but nearer the time i'll start taking folic acid. i do have some pregnancy books that i'm planning on reading and may get one on conception too. i'm not sure if i'll chart temps or CM or anything like that, see how it goes initially but if its taking a while to conceive then i'll give anything a try!

i'm trying to lose weight and exercise more... i also take a multivitamin, but i always did that anyway. i can't really worry too much about my cycle because i'm on the pill and don't really think charting would be much use while i'm taking the pill.

i'm also doing a lot of research and a lot of reading... i think that's mostly because i've got so long to wait and it gives me something to do!!

i'll be taking my pregnacare conception when it arrives also drinking loads of water
and loads of milk but always drank loads of milk x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->