PreSeed Club: We finally did it! 50th BFP announced :)

London! Dont worry, your are still not out. :flower: Chin up xxoo

i have never tried preseed. im out for this month. just starting my two week wait but if the witch arrives the end of the month ill try it next month. fingers crossed for everybody

You can get it from a CVS store or even walgreens or rite aid. Its about 20 bucks for 40gm. The reviews are really good and the product is safe and fun. If your using KY it builds a barrier and stops sperm from even reaching your cervix which my obgyn failed to tell me :( good luck

GARGH!!!
Plunged into the pits of utter despair, the doctor won't refer me to the fertility clinic, i'm overweight!!
Admitedly yes i am larger than the average bear, but i always have been, it's not an excuse it's my shape! I eat three square meals a day, don't snack and get an average amount of excercice, to be put on a referral i'm going to have to lose about 3 or 4 stone, which will take me down to a weight that i haven't been since i was about 12 years old!!!!!
I feel so horrible.

GARGH!!!
Plunged into the pits of utter despair, the doctor won't refer me to the fertility clinic, i'm overweight!!
Admitedly yes i am larger than the average bear, but i always have been, it's not an excuse it's my shape! I eat three square meals a day, don't snack and get an average amount of excercice, to be put on a referral i'm going to have to lose about 3 or 4 stone, which will take me down to a weight that i haven't been since i was about 12 years old!!!!!
I feel so horrible.

WHAT?! That's ridiculous!! Is it like, for health reasons they want you to lose weight? I don't like that at all! I'm a curvy girl, not that you can really see my picture on here, but that was 2 years ago and I've gained some weight since then and if someone said that to me I'd be so upset. Can you have someone else refer you? I don't really know how it works but I hope you can!

First month trying preseed and we are pregnant!! Both over the moon - best of luck to all other TTC couples x x

Not really 'health reasons' it's their policy to not give fertility treatment to people with a BMI over 30, i suppose in the same way that transplant patients who smoke/drink/eat unhealthily are refused their transplants.

What kills me is that my BMI has NEVER been under 30, it's the way i'm built, i take after my grandmother's side of the family. There was a time about 10 years ago where i used to go to the gym 4 or 5 times a week, and ate very little. The only thing to come out of that was that i got a little bit 'toned', i was still a size 18 (uk) and had a BMI of 32 i really don't think it's physically possible for me to be the weight they want me to be and still be 'healthy'.
Argh!
Anyway, i had my moment of madness, cried bucketloads, DH hugged me and tried applying some of his logic to the situation, then suggested we book a holiday to somewhere we've always wanted to go New York! He works with the theory that as soon as you start making plans that having a baby would severly scupper the little buggers decide to show up. I like that theory.

Joycie - hun, I'm really sorry they won't refer you. Maybe there's a way to appeal? Can you go to another GP?

Edinburgh - congratulations!!! Thanks for letting us know (and keeping our hope alive - Preseed works!).

Hi Ladies took delivery of my preseed today and hoping to join you all in being one of the 50 should hopefully be getting a BFP around 29 November.

Good luck to all.

Joycie - some women just aren't built small! Don't they know that?! Even at MY smallest, I was still "thick". Ugh I'm so sorry that happened. BUT! You'll have an amazing time in new york! Its a magical city and I think your hubbys right!

joycieb i'm so sorry. that wicked sucks! You'll love NYC...i live about a few hours away, it's such a fun city.

Londongirl ~ keep positive, you've got some more time to get that sticky little bean to show up.

AFM ~ I"M OUT! AF showed up...as jchic would say "that dumb whore" :haha: on to cycle day 1.

So today, I'm 9DPO, my temps are still up so I tested with a first response digital and it came back negative. I figure I'm not out until AF shows up!

your temps look GREAT - and 9dpo is way to early to consider even worrying about a bfn!

CONGRATS Edinburgh!!! You’re our lucky 13!! Can you give us a run down of your ttc history??

JChic – it sounds hopeful still!

Joycie – I was so sad to read your updates about the moronic GP who wouldn’t refer you. But I have to say – your hubby sounds like a total sweetheart – and New York?! WOW!!!

Sooo sorry to the ladies who AF got ☹

Welcome welshpandora, Christina_r, AquaM and Britzy – I’ve added you to the front page!!

Mommytobe, jchic, joycie, ttcw1 and emilykate, thanks for your positive words

AFM, did another stupid clearblue (I bought 4 tests stupidly yesterday!) and it came up with the same line again…

hehe girls if you look at the front page, you'll see what i've done in anticipation with my mumbers...!!!

Not really 'health reasons' it's their policy to not give fertility treatment to people with a BMI over 30, i suppose in the same way that transplant patients who smoke/drink/eat unhealthily are refused their transplants.

What kills me is that my BMI has NEVER been under 30, it's the way i'm built, i take after my grandmother's side of the family. There was a time about 10 years ago where i used to go to the gym 4 or 5 times a week, and ate very little. The only thing to come out of that was that i got a little bit 'toned', i was still a size 18 (uk) and had a BMI of 32 i really don't think it's physically possible for me to be the weight they want me to be and still be 'healthy'.
Argh!
Anyway, i had my moment of madness, cried bucketloads, DH hugged me and tried applying some of his logic to the situation, then suggested we book a holiday to somewhere we've always wanted to go New York! He works with the theory that as soon as you start making plans that having a baby would severly scupper the little buggers decide to show up. I like that theory.

Just wanted to say that I'm sorry to hear about all of your problem with getting a referral to a FS. Buuuuuut like Londongirl! NY, that's awesome. I live in NJ and NY is amazing! My OH works in NY for google and absolutely loves going up there everyday. There's just this vibe that NY gives you. It'll be awesome to get away and relax with your hubby and he does sound like a great OH!

soooo i'm kinddd of freaking out here! i hadnt gotten my crosshairs yet so i was fiddling around with FF and put in a temp for tomorrow just to see if i could expect them tomorrow and they popped up! only...it told me i Od on cd22. we BD on cd's 18, 19, 20, and 21. i'm so scared we missed it. i knowwww that :spermy: can live up to like 3 (?) days in there but STILL! i wanted to make sure there was no way i COULDNT get PG. hmph. i'm bummed. and i know i'm probably being silly! but i cant help but be a little sad. i'm already telling myself i'm out. :nope:

mommytobe - that is an intense BD session, so even if you did OV on CD22 you should catch you're eggy. Imagine that you're little egg is a theatre box office, and the little spermies want to buy tickets, after each BD session the que gets longer, and sure some may get bored and wander off for coffee, but once the box office opens there should still be plenty of little swimmers in the que!!

londongirl - aww man, them clearblues are seriously messing with your head. Maybe it would just be better to wait til monday and see what comes from that!

Mamawannabe - damn that :witch: !

Edinburgh - congrats

AFM - well hoping that sleeping on it would make me feel better but if anything i'm more riled up! Because my big problem with this is the same problem i had with the doctor last year when she said she wouldn't send me for fertility treatment til we'd been trying for a year. I'm not actually asking for fertility treatment, all i'm asking is to be told whether i can concieve naturally or not! If i can, woohoo, and we'll keep doing what we're doing til we get it right. If not, well crap, but we're newly married and there's much we'd like to do before we put ourselves through the whole 'fertility treatment' thing, so we'd cross that bridge when we came to it. It's just the not knowing that winds me up.

Thanks for all the nice words x

JoycieB- sorry to hear about ur difficulty in getting to see a FS,i think it's cruel for them to say such things & have that logic .Glad that ur Dh is being supportive & hopefully he's right about going away & getting ur Bfp when u least expect it!

mommawannabe-sorry that AF came for u ,:-(

mommytobe11-i think u BD on the right days,u shud have it covered,remember in the old thread there was a lady who only BD 2 days prior to Ov'ing & she still got her Bfp.!

Londongirl-dont be put off by those lines,u still have time .Fx'd.

soooo i'm kinddd of freaking out here! i hadnt gotten my crosshairs yet so i was fiddling around with FF and put in a temp for tomorrow just to see if i could expect them tomorrow and they popped up! only...it told me i Od on cd22. we BD on cd's 18, 19, 20, and 21. i'm so scared we missed it. i knowwww that :spermy: can live up to like 3 (?) days in there but STILL! i wanted to make sure there was no way i COULDNT get PG. hmph. i'm bummed. and i know i'm probably being silly! but i cant help but be a little sad. i'm already telling myself i'm out. :nope:

So you BD'd all the days leading up to ov but not ov itself? I read a scientific article saying the most fertile days are the two days leading up to ov (ie day before and the one before that). So seriously don't stress!!

Thanks girls! I knew you'd make me feel better :) I was freaking out llast night and OH, like joycies DH, was trying to be logical about it. So I kept tellling him "you just don't understand." I was even freaking out BEFORE I even got my +opks because I wanted to make sure we did it before O too, but I also wanted to make sure we caught it on O day! Thank you so much ladies! You put my mind at ease.

Joycie - I compleatly understand, not knowing is the hardest part. But I guess all you can do now is keep working on it naturally. I KNOW its going to happen for you! FS or not!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->