preseed used as aid to pregnancy?

goldfishy

Reaction score
Hello
I'm new to this site and just looking for some advice or success stories pls.
Hubby and I have been TTC for 9 months and no bfp yet. I came off the pill in march 2011 and we started TTC a few months later. Anyway we have both been taking pregnacare conception for 2 cycles and whilst my skin looks great, no bfp!

I've never had a problem with lubrication, in fact its the opposite where I get too much watery cm (sorry tmi!)

I've read some reviews of preseed and was wondering if anyone got a bfp from using this as an aid to conception rather than as a lubricant?

Thanks for your help
Dee

I don't think it's needed. It doesn't help with pregnancy - the healthy sperm get up through the cervix into the reproductive system in second after ejaculation - the stuff that falls out is semen and dead sperm.

Natural lubricants that are sperm friendly include saliva (pretty sure), olive oil, almond oil, canola oil, and a couple other types of natural oils. You could try those.

Don't use Astroglide or KY Jelly - those kills healthy sperm.

I should clarify - preseed works just as well as natural CM (the egg white/stringy kind). So unless your body doesn't produce fertile CM, you don't need preseed. It's a waste of $ IMHO.

Thanks for that! I also didn't think it was needed but I'm getting desperate after 9 months! Have read so many positive reviews of preseed that I wondered if it was worth a shot. Anyway, I did buy some and tried last night. I think od is tmrw so will try it this cycle and see if it helps.. thanks again for your tips x

Hi I got pregnant on the cycle I used preseed but I don't know whether or not I would have got pregnant without it too.

I didn't have much EWCM though so It might have helped and if this isn't a problem for you it might not be making much difference xx

Uh, no 'natural' lubricants like saliva and cooking oils are not sperm friendly. The PH in them kills the sperm. PREseed is ph balanced to mimic an ideal ph for sprem to survive. Even if you have loads of your own natural EWCM, it can still be the wrong PH to be sperm friendly. Preseed will help the sperm to survive a bit longer in the vagina then natural EWCM does most of the time which ups your chances to have the sperm meet the egg.
I had loads of healthy EWCM every month but realized it was still not doing the job. We used preseed for the 1sttime in march and got our :bfp: on 10 dpo :). Good luck

Thanks for that! I also didn't think it was needed but I'm getting desperate after 9 months! Have read so many positive reviews of preseed that I wondered if it was worth a shot. Anyway, I did buy some and tried last night. I think od is tmrw so will try it this cycle and see if it helps.. thanks again for your tips x

No problem! I wasn't denying it might not help a tiny bit, but usually, it's just expensive and unnecessary. Kinda like soft cups - you don't need them because all healthy sperm are up in the uterine tract beyond the Cervix within a second or two of ejaculation - all the stuff that falls out onto our underpants is semen or dead sperm. So they don't help as a fertility aid, but they do help keep the panties dry. Kind of a bad analogy as preseed can actually help since it's like adding more fertile CM into your vagina, but that's the best I could come up with right now. I'm sleep deprived.

Uh, no 'natural' lubricants like saliva and cooking oils are not sperm friendly. The PH in them kills the sperm. PREseed is ph balanced to mimic an ideal ph for sprem to survive. Even if you have loads of your own natural EWCM, it can still be the wrong PH to be sperm friendly. Preseed will help the sperm to survive a bit longer in the vagina then natural EWCM does most of the time which ups your chances to have the sperm meet the egg.
I had loads of healthy EWCM every month but realized it was still not doing the job. We used preseed for the 1sttime in march and got our :bfp: on 10 dpo :). Good luck

Not ALL cooking oils are safe. Just Olive, Canola, and Almond oil. And I read that on EPT's website. I wasn't pulling it out of my arse. So excuse me, I am right about those. Not EVERY lubricant is unsafe for sperm.

ETA: Saliva is perfectly safe for sperm. By the time the penis enters the vagina (whose PH is ALSO FREAKING ACIDIC) it mostly has evaporated. If you spit like a pint of saliva into your vagina it'd probably kill the sperm yes, but a little bit of saliva on the tip isn't going to ruin your chances of conceiving.

And preseed is NOT the only safe lubricant to use.

ETA2: You sound like you either got lucky and got a :bfp: using preseed, or that you're a sales rep for preseed. Seriously. Preseed isn't a miracle. Elsewise it would not cost $20-30 for a 2 oz tube or for a small pack of applicators.

Hello
I'm new to this site and just looking for some advice or success stories pls.
Hubby and I have been TTC for 9 months and no bfp yet. I came off the pill in march 2011 and we started TTC a few months later. Anyway we have both been taking pregnacare conception for 2 cycles and whilst my skin looks great, no bfp!

I've never had a problem with lubrication, in fact its the opposite where I get too much watery cm (sorry tmi!)

I've read some reviews of preseed and was wondering if anyone got a bfp from using this as an aid to conception rather than as a lubricant?

Thanks for your help
Dee

Hiya,

I'm trying Preseed for the first this cycle too. I have some cm but it's more watery then stretchy and like egg white so I thought I'd guppies pressed a go and see if it helps!

Good luck hopefully we'll both get our :bfp: 's this cycle xxxx

I'd also like to say that my cousin was on birth control when she got her :bfp:. That doesn't mean BCP caused her BFP. Correlation is not causation. You could've gotten your BFP anyway without the preseed making ANY difference.

If preseed was necessary then everyone would need it to conceive, but that is obviously false as many people get knocked up unintentionally.

How exactly you know that olive oil is not the right PH, is beyond me, medic.

"pH: refers to the hydrogen ion concentration in an aqueous solution. Olive oil and other oils are not water soluble so their acidity cannot be measured in terms of pH. Vegetable oils are very weak acids, when mixed with a strong base such as lye they will form a salt (commonly called soap). Better oils have a low acidity while lower quality oils will be more acidic. Their acid content is usually measured in percent free acidity. Extra virgin olive oil must have less than .8% free fatty acid but some have less than .1%"
https://www.oliveoilsource.com/definition/ph-olive-oil
So an excellent virgin olive oil is VERY WEAKLY acidic. FAR LESS than the vagina is acidic.
Vaginal pH. The normal vaginal pH is 3.8 to 4.5. (source: https://women.webmd.com/vaginal-wet-mount). Olive oil will not kill sperm anymore than the vagina will, unless you pour a cup or two into the vagina before sex (ew and not recommended) instead of using a small amount as lube.

"Normal semen pH is 7.2-8.0. "
https://www.uhmc.sunysb.edu/urology/male_infertility/SEMEN_ANALYSIS.html

"ALKALIZING PROTEIN
Almonds (range 8-8ph"
https://www.greathealth247.com/ph-acid-alkaline-food-chart.html
Almond oil is perfectly safe and matches sperm PH exactly.

I am not wrong.

ETA: That said, BABY DUST TO ALL OF YOU! :dust:

Sorry to sound so negative on the preseed, I just think it's snake oil marketed for women desperate to get pregnant. There are a lot of "snake oil" solutions to getting pregnant (like needing to lie down with two pillows propped up under your behind after sex - NOT NECESSARY!). And it makes me miffed that people pay good money for things that aren't necessary.

ETA: I'm not saying EVERYTHING marketed to TTC women is snake oil. Vitex has worked well for me to regulate cycles. B-vitamins are necessary. Baby aspirin works. But not everything works.

If you are having trouble conceiving and you try these snake oil solutions like preseed and such you might be masking the need to see an OBGYN and get help. That was my only point.

Sorry to sound so negative on the preseed, I just think it's snake oil marketed for women desperate to get pregnant. There are a lot of "snake oil" solutions to getting pregnant (like needing to lie down with two pillows propped up under your behind after sex - NOT NECESSARY!). And it makes me miffed that people pay good money for things that aren't necessary.

ETA: I'm not saying EVERYTHING marketed to TTC women is snake oil. Vitex has worked well for me to regulate cycles. B-vitamins are necessary. Baby aspirin works. But not everything works.

It's possible I'm pregnant (9DPO with implantation bleeding, my ticker is wrong) and I only used Vitex, baby aspirin, a prenatal vitamin, and baby aspirin. And bd'd the old fashioned way, no lying upside down for 30 minutes after sex, nothing.

If you are having trouble conceiving and you try these snake oil solutions like preseed and such you might be masking the need to see an OBGYN and get help. That was my only point.

Knocking preseed but advertising that you yourself use gimmicks like vitamins?? Doesn't that change doing it 'the old fashioned way'?? Crazy Americans!! Not everything is a sly trick to spend money. I happen to be quite educated on things concerning bodies.... But of you feel that lubing up your lady parts with cooking oil (which is man made) is the best way to get pregnant then go for it. I see that it's obviously worked for you right?? Good luck on your TTC journey.

Thanks for all your advice and congrats on your bfps! Hope it's a good month for me too...

I'm def not relying on preseed, its just a matter of trial and error! Have been doing it au natural for a while and thought I would try something new for the next few cycles cos I'm planning on visiting gp in june.

I must admit, having tried preseed last night, I found the leakage the next morning wasn't as much as I normally have.

Thanks for all your advice and congrats on your bfps! Hope it's a good month for me too...

I'm def not relying on preseed, its just a matter of trial and error! Have been doing it au natural for a while and thought I would try something new for the next few cycles cos I'm planning on visiting gp in june.

I must admit, having tried preseed last night, I found the leakage the next morning wasn't as much as I normally have.

I'm with you im willing to try everything if it will help even if it's just a coincidence that I might get pregnant while using it!! Worth a go isn't it??!!

I'm not ovulating until the 27th and you might have your bfp by then so keep me posted!! Xxxx

Good luck xxxx :hug: xxxx

I was gonna ask if I should use preseed. I have lots and lots of cm..SORRY TMI
:blush:
I've got a couple days until I even expect my EWCM and Already the amount of wet cm is gross. But I didn't know if the preseend could actually protect the semen and therefore I would use it.

We used preseed this month on my fertile days.
I will say i'm not dry but i also dont have crazy CM so i gave it a try.
Also I did put my legs up for a little while which the FS did have me do after my 2IUI's.

If it works great if it doesnt i dont see it as a waste of money :wacko:

Waiting2be have you had your bfp yet?

Dizzy and becca will let you know if it works! I was quite worried that too much lubrication would take feeling away for hubby, but he hasn't noticed it too much.

I was also under the impression the preseed would protect sperm. Help the swimmers on their way!

Xxx

Waiting2be have you had your bfp yet?

Dizzy and becca will let you know if it works! I was quite worried that too much lubrication would take feeling away for hubby, but he hasn't noticed it too much.

I was also under the impression the preseed would protect sperm. Help the swimmers on their way!

Xxx

Last week was my fertile week got a + opk on 4/11 so now we wait

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
queenmom14
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"