Present as Good as a play kitchen?

HPmum2B

Reaction score
I am getting a bit ahead of myself here, but...

This year I am giving DD1 a pretend kitchen (the ELC wooden diner one) for her birthday.

DD2 is a year younger, so the following year, I want to think of an equivalent present for her. Obviously its pointless to have two kitchens. So what would you think is equivalent (in a child's eye? eg ignoring the price).

I am avoiding ride on type toys for birthdays (cars / scooters etc, as we want to get things like that for christmas when they can have them at the same time).

Thanks!!

I reckon you need to wait a bit and see what your child is 'into'. I don't think children that age even really can 'compare' to see if it's equivalent, it's just "do I like it? Don't I like it?" in their mind. So it truly wouldn't matter if the gift was 'equivalent' in any other way or not. If that makes sense

Something similar size wise could be a tee-pee or a doll's house (my lo loves my niece's doll's house), or a trampoline (she would be very young for it though), one of those fabric tunnels with a den at the end, an easel (again, 12 months would be the younger side), a table and chair (which might be a bit boring but you could put all the other presents on it and it would become a much used bit of equipment I'm sure), one of those desks with a lid...that sort of thing. You could buy some extra equipment related the kitchen too, like a microwave and kettle etc, so there was a part that DD2 felt was really 'hers'.

I don't think either of your children will care about equivalent presents and they will both get a lot of enjoyment from the kitchen anyway. But if you really want to, then I would say a play shop, castle or doll's house would be fairly similar.

I'm not sure how much kids that age compare gifts. But if you want to have an equivalent gift, I'd go with something of similar size, like a play house, an easel, a playmat with cars and houses, a wooden train set, a shopping cart, etc. Depends on what your daughter likes.

Small bouncy castel
Trampoline
Dolls house
Farm and animals
Train set and trains
Garage and cars
Sand and water table

Thanks, I know I get a little ahead of myself... I do like the idea of a Dolls house.

I think balancing the gifts if for my benefit, not theirs, as your right, they wont notice. lol.

A little painted wardrobe full of dress up stuff? Or a doll, highchair, clothes and pretty cot. Or maybe a doll's house? Or you could forget getting the kitchen for her birthday and make it a joint Christmas present?

What about an outdoor play house?

My nieces love their little tykes cottage and we would sooooo get one for LO.... if only we had a garden!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->