Presents for 2 year old new big brother?

Wriggley

Reaction score
Hi all

anyone else planning on getting their older siblings some little presents for when the baby is born?

I dont want him to feel left out so was thinking of getting ds1 a couple of presents to wrap up for him to open but im not sure what? I thinking a buzz lightyear action figure as he likes buzz and a new DVD can anyone thing of some our little bits i could get him to unwrap?

Anything that he absolutely loves!! Kids love pressies, so if it's something that is going to make him squeel when he opens it, and he knows it's from his new sibling then hopefully he'll much love baby too.

I'm planning on doing this for my daughter but have no idea what to get! I'm thinking I'll just go to the disney store and pick up something there as she loves anything like that xx

Aw we are doing the same for our daughter who will have just turned 4 when baby is born, we have got her something to wear (a t shirt from next saying bestest big sister and a definition on the back) and a keepsake personalised bunny which says to my big sister ...... Lots of love ..... Xxx

We've got DS (21 months) a bunch of wooden train track pieces and a few trains. Can't wait to give them to him, even though he won't understand they're from the baby.
If you wanted little things maybe a book, bubbles, toy car, cuddly toy?

My daughter is 20 months and obsessed with Elmo. While I don't normally go for a bunch of character-inspired stuff, I got her an Elmo doll (that DOESN'T TALK :haha:), Elmo book, Elmo pjs, and Sesame Street coloring book & crayons. I figure it will all help keep her busy when she's visiting in the hospital. Just wrapped it all up last night, actually. Now if only her sister would ever arrive to give it to her...

Im going to take the 2 of mine to the bear factory and they can make their own bear from their baby sister :)

Me and my OH decided to buy DD a little slide for our new garden from the new baby as it will be summer :)

I will probs get something for them that they can play with in the hospital when they come to visit us...maybe some colouring books? Love the bear factory idea, my LOs would love that....might give my mum some money and suggest she takes them while in labour :thumbup:

x

Oh and when DS was born we got DD a little doll, she wasn't really that interested though lol

x

My mom got dd1 a new leapster when DD2 was born, it was awesome because it gave me something to distract her while I was nursing and it was educational. Not sure what we will do this time, someone suggested a birthday cake and having a party.

We got our 2.5 yr son a hexbug arena. He's gonna love it as plays with his friends all the time.

We have got a trunki for our DS as we will be moving not long after the baby arrives and he loves suitcases!

We have bought flynn 5 a big boys bike as has just mastered cycling with no stabilisers!

thanks for the suggests people :) love the keep sake bear idea! and things to do in the hospital are a good idea to :)

Mine are a little older than 2 but for DD we've got her 2 mini lalaloopsy sets as she collects them and DS we've got 2 trackmaster trains as again he collects and plays with them. The kids have also each choosen a teddy from Mamas and Papas and wrapped them up for baby :) We got a card for each of them too that says to a new big brother/sister :D

We never done it with DD and DS but I think they're old enough to understand this time x

Mine are a little older than 2 but for DD we've got her 2 mini lalaloopsy sets as she collects them and DS we've got 2 trackmaster trains as again he collects and plays with them. The kids have also each choosen a teddy from Mamas and Papas and wrapped them up for baby :) We got a card for each of them too that says to a new big brother/sister :D

We never done it with DD and DS but I think they're old enough to understand this time x

each of mine have chosen something for baby too and they were both flicking through a next leaflet and spotted a 'little sister' sleepsuit, they both liked it so iv ordered it and hopefully that will be her first outfit :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->