Presents for other family members.

weewdy

Reaction score
Say you spend X amount on a person do you prefer to give one present or split the amount into various presents?

I like to give lots of little presents. I buy for my mum and two sisters, and my two brothers

This year, i am getting my mum and sisters chocolates, car air freshener, pyjamas, socks, a small Yankee candle and then one thing that will be different for each of them depending on what they like. I probably spend about 45/50 on each. They all buy my girls amazing presents and I get alot too, so I like to give them what I can.

My brothers get sweets, socks, a lynx set (or similar) and a £20 note each because I have absolutely no idea what they would want!

I do one gift, typically. I don't do set amounts though, and just buy what I think the person will love, and I try to buy something that I think they wouldn't normally spend money on for themselves.

For my family (mum, dad, sister) I do several presents.

OH family usually just one plus a gift open such as gloves, scarf. Though this yr justness getting a voucher!

Younger cousins, nieces and nephews one present each.

Depends on who they are and what they like. My parents I usually get one big thing I know they wouldn't buy themselves or have mentioned needing... usually that's something I go in with my brothers on (a new computer, a gift card for a new mattress & boxspring) for my in laws we go solo and usually make them a basket with a gift card to their favorite restaurant, beer for FIL, wine for MIL, nice chocolates etc.

It depends on the person I'm buying for. My brothers I tend to get 1 present for, whereas my parents and MIL I'll get several smaller things.

Depends on the budget really. Ours is quite low so we can't get several gifts as such, but sometimes I will do a hamper style present so it has a few things in but is technically one gift

It depends on what I'm buying and for who, for example my nan really like whiskey and I spend £20 on her; her whiskey costs about £15 so I'll buy her a little something to go with it. Whereas my dad I buy him one big thing, so this year he's had tickets for the theatre xx

Can anyone suggest a present for sil&bil for under a tenner. Only problem it needs posted. They usually come home for christmas and normally do a wee token gift or nice chocolates

I'd suggest a dvd they can watch together. If you find one cheaply enough you could also include £5 and a not saying the popcorns on me. That would be easy to post

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->