Presents under the tree

Oh would like to add though, the only presents we get from others ate family, the boys usually open their gifts from in-laws before Xmas when they visit (FIL doesn't wrap them anyway just gives them to them) and we see all my family at mums on Christmas day so we open presents from family there, all our presents to family are kept in my mums study (we live left door to mum and dad) x

I've only got a few under there right now. Presents for family/friends go under until Christmas Day when they're given out.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    55.7 KB · Views: 7
I put out present for other family and friends and not lo's presents, so if he got it into his head to open one it would be a bath seat or cheese board or something like that which would hold zero interest to lo.:haha: I also put them out to keep the cats from getting too close to the tree as they like to give it a little chew now and then otherwise.

I'd love to put some gifts under now but my cats would have them torn to bits, and the toddlers I babysit :haha: Love having them under though, usually gifts from others would go under as they arrive but not this year :(

I learned last year that we need to wait until Christmas eve, DS might understand but it's not worth the hassle. Right now it's enough to keep him from taking the ornaments off...last year he opened other people's presents while I was in the bathroom the same day I wrapped them....

I have none yet under our tree but I will put the ones to our in-laws there when they are bought and wrapped.

Our tree is in a bay window on a table behind a sofa

I have wrapped presents bagged up to give to family & friends but they are under a blanket so don't count. Other than that all presents will come out on Christmas Eve, that's part of the magic

Presents to LO from family/friends get given and opened when we see them

My kids would have a field day if I put presents under the tree before christmas eve!
I might test the water with presents for relatives, as the tree looks sooo much more christmassy with presents under it :)

I'm a mean mom! I wrapped and put ALL of DS' presents under the tree, we did explain prior to him that he has to wait for when it's Christmas.

The first 3 days he did not take it too wel, but pretty good honestly (so not as bad as one would expect). He 'caresses' and 'kisses' his presents most days now lol. And knows he has to wait and that the presents are for him, he is okay with it now!

My parents always put presents early under the tree and I loved seeing them everyday, and the tree being filled like that. It made it feel so christmassy to me!

<3

I'm tempted to do this with one of ds' presents! I bet the anticipation of knowing it's yours and desperately trying to guess what it is will be fab for a 6 yr old :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JTom
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->