Pressure stair gates

Harveysmum369

Mrs Christmas
Reaction score
Which are the best ones to get?we are moving and need to get the gates that don't screw into the wall....we need extendable ones too..

:flower: xxx

i'll be watching this thread - need to get some too for the same reason! Also I read somewhere that it's better to put baby gates on the door to baby's room and door to the living room etc rather than on the stairs to avoid tripping as you go down the stairs, does anyone know if that's true? (sorry to hijack your thread hon)

I would go for gates at the doors rather than the top of stairs if you have to use pressure fit, no matter how tight you make them, it is highly dangerous! Unfortunately I found this out by watching my eldest 'surf' down the stairs on top of my pressure fit gate! :haha: I'm after an extendable one too, but having trouble finding one that extends enough!

the lindam safety gates are pressure fitted, you can also buy spare bits to extend it. xx

ETA: they are BOGOF is Argos at the min xx

i'll be watching this thread - need to get some too for the same reason! Also I read somewhere that it's better to put baby gates on the door to baby's room and door to the living room etc rather than on the stairs to avoid tripping as you go down the stairs, does anyone know if that's true? (sorry to hijack your thread hon)

Sometimes that can be very true.
Best not to get the ones with the bar across the bottom either for the same reason and dont get the spring shut gates because they are evil, my one sprung closed as i was walking through it and traped my ankle between the gate and the side bar and i went flying nearlt breaking my ankle and neck, luckely i was coming back from putting lo in his cot or i would have had him in my arms and he would have gone flying

back to the op though lindhams (think thats how its spelt) are the best and yoy can get extensions realy easy for them

we need one for the kitchen to keep the dog in and to keep harvey out..lol..so they best place is on harveys bedroom door?xx

Pressure gates at the top of stairs are NOT recommended by most safety guidelines. Be really careful there - there have been some very bad accidents. :(

I'm probably gonna have to get ones that don't screw in as well, obv won't need them for a bit but we'll be renting so can't muck up doorways.
I hadn't thought of putting them at doors rather than on the stairs themselves but it's a good idea, I can't count the number of times I almost went flying on my sisters stairs with her gate, luckily it's only guest rooms upstairs so I never had the kids with me.

will harveys room be ok then?because from his room there is a step down to the top of the landing...before you go down the stairs...xx

I think I'll invest in some Lindam ones :) Any idea what I could use for glass patio doors? Or can I just not have them open if she's crawling around? (thinking ahead for the new house)

will harveys room be ok then?because from his room there is a step down to the top of the landing...before you go down the stairs...xx

I'm sure that'd be fine hun, it'd be safer than having them at the top of the stairs itself I'd imagine. :)

I think I'll invest in some Lindam ones :) Any idea what I could use for glass patio doors? Or can I just not have them open if she's crawling around? (thinking ahead for the new house)

There is this hun but only can see it available in USA...may be something similar in UK? Only other option really is to leave it closed I suppose, some other ladies with LO's already may be able to advise better :)

We have lindham ones. One on the top landing (we have a way with both bedrooms on, then a step down to the bathroom and the stairs). It's been there eighteen months now and it's not moved once. We also had one on our kitchen door but we took it down about 6 months ago. I would recommend the lindham ones x

Lindhams do presure gates that you can get extentions for the side for patio doors.
We where going to get them in our last place but moved just before needing them

And even if you really push them they won't move?Harvey is stronger than he looks...xx

On a door they have less chances of moving because they sit between the frame work.
We dont have staires but oh gran had one one the bottom of the staires to keep the dogs downstaires and it was forever slipping no matter how tight you had it because it was just on a flat wall

Tegan has very very strong arms through self propelling in her wheelchair and she can't move ours.

Its not just pushing it though, alot of kids tend to lean on it ir try climbing up it to lean over thats when they can give way plus if you try to open one and the catch doesnt open fully your putting a fair bit of adult weight on it and it can slip

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->