Pretty bad sharp cramps! Normal?

Tealmoore13

Reaction score
Sorry if this has been posted before.

I am now 5 weeks pregnant, and all of last week I had normal period pain like cramps which I wasnt too concerned about.

However over the last few days I have been getting random sharp cramps that are quite intense and last around 1min or so. They are really distracting and I struggle to do anything during that time as it is really sharp.

I am really worried because I dont know if this kind of pain is normal.

Has anyone had anything similar to this?

I dont get it all day. Generally its when I get up from being nice and cosy and start moving around or on occasion at my desk at work.

Any help would be appreciated :wacko:

Are they in the groin area? Could be round ligament pain I got that early on in my last pregnancy and have in this one too. I also get brief intense uterine cramps on occasion - which again I had in my last pregnancy so I know they are normal for me xxx

The pain is in the uterus area on the left and right sides....seems to take turns.

I am hoping its normal but having had a chemical pregnancy and then on another occasion going for an 8 week scan to find things had stopped around 5 weeks...I am terrified of everything and cant seem to find any information on cramps other than standard period pains.

Just gotta wait and see :(

It sounds like round ligament pain. I get it when I move too quickly and it's on one side in the groin area (changes sides) and it causes me to stop in my tracks! It's a healthy sign I think- a sign of your growing uterus but check with your midwife or doc if you're worried. Xxx

I think I've been getting something similar hun, the cramping seems more severe tonight, but I am pretty sure it is normal.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AngelMom1012
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->