Pretty nappy support group :) (Previously: Has anyone tried these nappies?)

cmc i think size 1 for you. they'll stop piling the weight on so rapidly now surely... he's on the tightest setting so plenty of room for growth!! The other 5 I've ordered are size 1s too.

Baby Ava came on my due date! Lovely xmas present!

x x x

cmc i think size 1 for you. they'll stop piling the weight on so rapidly now surely... he's on the tightest setting so plenty of room for growth!! The other 5 I've ordered are size 1s too.

x x x

Mairi only put on 2lbs since September, but she started walking in November and hasn't stopped since. She's short, bless her, but a wee chunky tum tum, must be the beer gut from Daddy! I guess I could order size1 and sell them on if the fit's not good. I've got her in large Bambooty if that's any size guide to go by.
Xxx

x x x

ha ha i hope she slows down-- im so tired of everyone saying how massive she is...... i was due on 26th December so she was a day early- dear love her nobody will ever go to her birthday party!!!!

not sure where u live but it was awful at the end- 12 inches of snow and -18degrees temps wasnt fun trying to get to the hospital in the early hours!!! i think christmas and new year is such a special time of the year---- did u get the first baby in 2011????

looks like these wee winter babies are good feeders anyway!!!

Sammuel still wears med bambooty but the large also fits! I think once sammuel starts moving more the weight gain will slow drastically!

If you buy a size one and don't like it I'm sure plenty on here (Inc me!) would probably buy it!!

X x x

Thanks girls :D

Yeh it was v snowy here too (live in bedfordshire not far north of London) but by new year when we went in it was ok!

Nah nowhere near the first baby, after 27 hours in labour and emergency forceps he came at 22.46!

I think Xmas/ new year is lovely to have a baby, hope they agree later! I think as long as we make it exciting for them and make it a positive thing it'll be fine!

X x x

Thanks girls :D

Yeh it was v snowy here too (live in bedfordshire not far north of London) but by new year when we went in it was ok!

Nah nowhere near the first baby, after 27 hours in labour and emergency forceps he came at 22.46!

I think Xmas/ new year is lovely to have a baby, hope they agree later! I think as long as we make it exciting for them and make it a positive thing it'll be fine!

X x x

sounds exactly like me- after 25hrs and emergency forceps she arrived too!!!!!!!!!!!! gives me shivers!!!! defo not the first xmas day baby either!!! they will prob hate us as they get presents all at the one time!!!!

i might give a size 1 BSB a go then!!!!! my OH is gonna freak when he sees how many nappies arrive- i have lost count how many are still en route:haha:

Just tell him they were all £5!! I made a point of making OH guess how much the ebay cheapies were earlier, but I never make him guess the expensive ones :haha:

Aw pretty similar births then! Sammuel was a whole pound lighter - and that was bad enough! Well done you ;) I know they will get all the pressies at once, but I think if you make a big deal of the birthday side they will be alright! I hope so anyway :dohh:

x x x

Just tell him they were all £5!! I made a point of making OH guess how much the ebay cheapies were earlier, but I never make him guess the expensive ones :haha:

Aw pretty similar births then! Sammuel was a whole pound lighter - and that was bad enough! Well done you ;) I know they will get all the pressies at once, but I think if you make a big deal of the birthday side they will be alright! I hope so anyway :dohh:

x x x

i know what u mean- i keep telling her shes sooo special to arrive on that day and my OH is like 'ur gonna do that her whole life and dear help any other ones that come along- they will hate that their birthday isnt on xmas day!'

i wouldnt dare make him guess---- he always guesses less- even if they were cheapies!!!!:shrug:

o --- do u use LL bamboo inserts in ur e bay cheapies-- im trying so hard to make them work for me-- Ava has been in an e bay cheapie since 2pm (nealry 4 hours)- shes asleep at the mo- so hoping the nappy isnt a mess--- i put a mf insert in and a BG insert too--- my LL boosters havent arrived yet!!!!

the things u do to use cloth eh!!!!!!!

I use one microfibre insert (that it comes with) and a bamboo, not sure what make but generally we can get 4 hours that way. Maybe a bit less. I tend to change a little more often when the cheapies are on!
I find when napping he doesn't wee so much anyway..

Lol your OH is right they'll all want Xmas birthdays :haha:

x x x

SBB love the bright star bum in your new pics!! You must really rate these when you have ordered more! Good to know :))

Right, need a bit of advice on the Bright Star numbers... Mairi's 22lbs, but she's got a chubby wee tummy on her. Should I bite the bullet and just get her larges, even though their start weight is 24lbs? Does anyone know, is the medium generous enough that she'll get good wear oit of them? Xxxx

thast why i looked at these but havent got the guts to buy yet- Ava is very like SBB's little one- 4months and i think shes 19lbs and her wee thighs and tummy are huge- i was a tempted to go for large too but dont have any real advice

My daughter is in the large (size 2) and she's around 25 lbs, maybe 26 lbs. She's on the middle or tightest snaps - can't remember. She's also got a chubby tummy. Don't know if that helps or not.

My daughter was a super huge baby - 98th centile girl - and then between 9-18 months she gained no weight at all! They are funny creatures.

I really do think they're fab kawaii!

Mandarhino sammuel is 99th centile and I think like your DD he'll suddenly stop gaining so much when he's moving more etc...

X x x

Amanda has put green living prices on fb :D

X x x

Hi girls, here's my little rosy cheeked monkey in his new eBay cheapie (2nd tooth popped through yesterday, very rosy cheeks all day!)

https://i1040.photobucket.com/albums/b404/zannaboo/b1213167.jpg

https://i1040.photobucket.com/albums/b404/zannaboo/50e64b5b.jpg

X x x

Hey ladies - can't believe you are still all posting on this thread! Back at the day job this week so not been able to keep up with it so much! If you aren't sure about sizing feel free to email me baby's measurements. It is so hard to go off weight alone when all babies are different shapes and sizes. The Size 1 is really good for most babies though, and like you all say, they slow down in weight gain once they hit 6 months(ish). If it was me, I would go for size 1 until they were at least 22-23lb, as they should last until 28lb, so that should be at least 6 months wear. Feel free to email with specifics though and I will try my best to advise!
Green Carbon Living prices on Facebook, or if you want me to email you pm me. They are cotton outer, but good quality fabrics so shouldn't fade. MiniLaLa are a weird new fabric, and they fade really quickly, but normal cotton shouldn't (think Monkeyfoot bags).
Hope that helps!

Amanda I tried to look on Facebook but I can't log in as I'm not on Facebook :-(

Did you want prices??

Hybrid Wraps:

Newborn Plain - £12.00

Newborn Print - £13.50

Onesize Plain - £13.50

Onesize Print - £15.00

Inserts:

Newborn size - £3.00

Standard size, flat insert - £3.75

Gusseted insert - £6.00

Prefolds - £8.50

Users who are viewing this thread