Primary school 2015

sept2010

Mummy and expecting
Reaction score
So i just had a random thought today and couldnt find any answers on my local council website.
When do you start applying for primary schools to start in september 2015?

it is usually end of year, start of the next (very early January cut off date I think) if I remember correctly from when I was teaching. You do them online

So potentially could start applying in a few weeks?

Not sure what council you are (maybe this? https://www.birmingham.gov.uk/schooladmissions) but you would look for the Admissions page on your council's website. It'll be under something like Children/Families/Parents, Schools/Education, Admissions.

You will probably start applying in September 2014 for a September 2015 start, with a deadline of January-ish to apply. Then you'll hear in April 2015 where you got a place.

Its usually after september when they are in next school year. Schools will still be concentrating on 2014 enterence at moment

We were contacted at the end of October 2013, they sent an application pack through the post. The deadline was early/mid January. This is for a school place to start Sept 2014.

So i guess for a Sept 2015 place you'll be contacted by end of October 2014.

The deadline to apply will be mid January 2015 and you will probably be able to apply from October or November time. There's no first come first served rule - they process all the applications together after the January cut off date.

We called the schools in mid September to arrange to look around and then put the online application in at the start of January for this September.

We were contacted at the end of October 2013, they sent an application pack through the post. The deadline was early/mid January. This is for a school place to start Sept 2014.

So i guess for a Sept 2015 place you'll be contacted by end of October 2014.

Don't wait to be contacted though OP, start doing your research and check your closing date yourself (as other have said it is likely to be mid January 2015) as not all councils send out packs. Where I am we receive nothing through the post and it is all down to you to do your own research and get your application in on time.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->