Private early scan tomorrow... Terrified!

MemmaJ

Reaction score
I realise this is perfectly normal from the amount of similar threads/posts I've seen on here..!

But I'm just terrified there's going to be nothing there. That it'll be a MMC, or blighted ovum, or if there IS a baby, it'll have a slow heartrate and I'll know it's not going to make it...
It's so silly as I've had no really bad cramping, no spotting or bleeding or anything... But I can't even get excited as I'm just too scared!

I'll be 7+4 by my own dates and we have purposely left it this long (since early BFP) to ensure it was far enough along to see the heartbeat and everything... I've been anxious since day 1, which is why I couldn't wait until 12 weeks and booked a private one.

Just had to get that off my chest. OH doesn't really get it and just says I'm being negative :-(

I realise this is perfectly normal from the amount of similar threads/posts I've seen on here..!

But I'm just terrified there's going to be nothing there. That it'll be a MMC, or blighted ovum, or if there IS a baby, it'll have a slow heartrate and I'll know it's not going to make it...
It's so silly as I've had no really bad cramping, no spotting or bleeding or anything... But I can't even get excited as I'm just too scared!

I'll be 7+4 by my own dates and we have purposely left it this long (since BFP at 3+5) to ensure it was far enough along to see the heartbeat and everything... I've been anxious since day 1, which is why I couldn't wait until 12 weeks and booked a private one.

Just had to get that off my chest. OH doesn't really get it and just says I'm being negative :-(

I could have written the exact same post! I'm having my early private scan on Monday! I'll be 7+1 and I'm convinced they are going to tell me there's nothing there :/

I took 7 tests....have had no bleeding but some mild cramps on and off for the last three weeks.

Very very nervous!

Hi .... I completely understand how you feel.I went for a private scan today For exactly the same reason. they are really reassuring but remember every baby develops at its own speed. I know I am almost seven weeks but at first she said she thought I might be 5. However changed that to 6. Due to them being so small it can vary a lot depending who scans u xx

Honestly think we all feel this way. All the best with your scan.

If you've had no bleeding the odds of finding a missed miscarriage are 1 in 100. This forum makes it seem common because people flock here for support but it is actually kinda rare x

All fine...!
Just one baby (I was worried as I have twins already), heartbeat looked good (she didn't measure the rate, but it looked nice and quick), and measuring at 8+2 instead of 7+4 :)

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    36.3 KB · Views: 4
So happy to hear that bub is doing well and measuring ahead. Great pic too!

Woo hoo! Great pic! Which reminds me....how much was your pic? My private scan is costing £120 so I assume the pics are going to be quite pricey?!

The whole thing was £65 including about 10 pictures (printed AND on a disc). Much cheaper than I was expecting!

Had my private scan today! So pleased....and feel much more reassured! X

yay! I want to book a private scan for the same reason, this is my first pregnancy and it just seems surreal that there's a baby in there! if I can wait another 2.5 wks I have my 12wk scan booked, but that seems ages away :-(

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AngelMom1012
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->