Private early scan

Bittersweet

Complete(Boy/Girl)after losses and premature birth
Reaction score
Hi all
I’m 6 weeks Thursday given my ov date. Could have also conceived that weekend but pretty sure it was Thursday.

I haven’t heard from my midwife yet to book in an appt. I had losses many years ago, I had complications in last pregnancy and I’ve had cramps and dizziness in this one. Therefore I’m
Hopeful il be offered an early scan via our EPU (needs doctor or midwife referral).
However I’m becoming increasingly anxious and thinking I might book a private scan? they can do it this Sunday where I should be 6+3 or 6 weeks.
Querying whether i wait until early next week and see if midwife gets in touch?
Book it for Sunday and hope I’m spot on with dates?
Book it for next Thursday which is the next date they can do where I’d be 7 weeks give or take?

Hi all
I’m 6 weeks Thursday given my ov date. Could have also conceived that weekend but pretty sure it was Thursday.

I haven’t heard from my midwife yet to book in an appt. I had losses many years ago, I had complications in last pregnancy and I’ve had cramps and dizziness in this one. Therefore I’m
Hopeful il be offered an early scan via our EPU (needs doctor or midwife referral).
However I’m becoming increasingly anxious and thinking I might book a private scan? they can do it this Sunday where I should be 6+3 or 6 weeks.
Book it for next Thursday which is the next date they can do where I’d be 7 weeks give or take?[/QU
Hi all

Book it for next Thursday which is the next date they can do where I’d be 7 weeks give or take?

Hmm tough one!!! I would personally wait until next Thursday...or as long as I could so I could see more!!

That’s my thinking a bit as well. I’m super anxious so would be good to be reassured but equally the more I wait the more I can see jn scan plus the more reassured I’d be.
Plus my midwife may well phone next week and il get one then and likely another at 8/9 but if not I’d pay for one at 8/9 weeks anyway so would rather not spend £140 on two scans when it would be 1.
But then the reassurance would be so good right now

Aye, like NeverSayNo says, at six weeks there wouldn't be a whole lot to see and the later you leave it, the more reassuring it should be.

Though an internal scan *might* be able to pick a heartbeat up at six weeks, it also might not - especially if your dates are a little off or baby is measuring up smaller than expected - and in that case, would it really put your mind at rest if it couldn't actually pick the beat up yet, or would you just worry more?

With my last I had an early scan via the EPU at 8+3, and even then there wasn't a whole lot to see, but it was certainly reassuring that they could see the heartbeat. I think if I'd had it any earlier, I would have been worried at not seeing much. Seven weeks is certainly a better time for picking up something baby shaped with a beat, so if you can hold off I would. Especially if there's a good chance you could get the NHS scan in a week or so, and not be out of pocket.

I know it's such a worrying time, especially with your symptoms: though cramps and dizziness are perfectly normal (believe me, I'm in the same boat right now and 12 weeks feels a million years away).

Good luck for your scan. I hope all goes well :)

Thank you il try and hold onto another week or so. I haven’t heard from midwife yet anyway as it’s all electronic now which is super annoying as before I just called the surgery and they booked the appt but can’t do that this time round so god knows when midwife will be in touch.

Today I’ve had darker cm. not quite blood or that just darker?

I know there's a delay here with midwife appointments because the surgeries are slammed with doing the covid vaccines - our booking appt will be at the hospital not the surgery, and they've squeezed us in on a Saturday as the team are doing overtime. There's a lot of babies to process at the moment too, what with lockdown boredom haha! I'll be about eight weeks when I have mine - and my last one was at 8+4 too. So I am sure you will hear soon, just still a bit early perhaps? :)

And re the CM, I read earlier that implantation bleeding can sort of sit up there for a while before making its way out, so it's quite normal around six weeks to get a bit of a brown tinge: as long as it's not significant amounts and not bright red or anything, or coming with severe pain, it should be perfectly normal.

Thank you for reassurance. making matters worse LO is spiking a temp of 38.6 and has been vomiting yellow

I don’t think they would let you book a private scan at the moment if lo has a temperature. But to be honest unless there’s something going on with this pregnancy to cause you concern I would probably wait it out as long as possible. I understand how tempting it is because I have suffered losses too, but I know if I went along too early (and it’s hard to know precisely when you will see what) and I didn’t see a great deal that would worry me more than waiting an extra week or two and seeing a clearer image on the screen. Doesn’t mean you can’t book a private scan as they may not offer an early one otherwise, especially at the moment with lockdown. I think I would book a private one for two or three weeks time and that way I also have something to look forward to :)

I’ve booked a private scan for the day before Valentine’s Day: I will be about 9 weeks.

I want to surprise OH really as he’s super excited but super nervous. I am too tbh but he’s working away at the moment and he feels very separate from my pregnancy bubble.

Aww lovely! I ended up with an nhs one Friday as my lonenddd up with slapped cheek etc. Seen the heartbeat and was measuring pretty much what I thought I was. We are going to pay for private one for end of jan between 9-10 weeks jist for extra reassurance

It definately gave reassurance anyway! I’m cramping again today but I’ve been busier than usual as LO has got his energy back ten fold and A bit stressed due to work so I’m guessing that’s why

The cramps sound normal, especially with you being so busy!

Aww lovely! I ended up with an nhs one Friday as my lonenddd up with slapped cheek etc. Seen the heartbeat and was measuring pretty much what I thought I was. We are going to pay for private one for end of jan between 9-10 weeks jist for extra reassurance
Ahh that’s amazing! How far are you?? Did you get a pic??

Ahh that’s amazing! How far are you?? Did you get a pic??
I did yes if you go onto the July/August 2021 thread I posted it there :). I’m defo 6+3 give or take a day she wasn’t keen to give an exact age jist said about 6 weeks

Are the privet places like baby bond still open even with covid and lockdown in the UK?

I got my faint BFP today at 10dpo and I had 4 chemical pregnancies last year so if this one is sticky. Which im praying it is I really want to book a reassurance scan around 7 weeks.

Wont get a hospital one until 13 weeks and no one can wait that long.

With the losses I never get past 4 weeks and im 3+3 now.

Lines seem a little darker this time but still so scared.

If I make it to 7 weeks wud love a scan and hopefully will see a healthy HB.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->