Private scan at 8 weeks - worth it?

malia

Trying for #2
Reaction score
Hello.

I'm considering buying a private 8 week scan, as they are currently on offer in my area for £39. I have had 3 miscarriages, and my nhs doctor will not send me for an early scan to ease my mind :(

My question is: is it worth it? Will I be able to see anything at 8 weeks?

Has anybody else's mind been put to rest by an early scan, or might the paranoid fears carry on regardless?

I had a scan at 8 weeks saw the blob and heart beat. It helped me a little bit as my last pregnancy was a mc however on my next appointment they checked for heartbeat at 12 weeks and couldn't find it. We did ultrasound and baby was fine! My point being, I think there will always be a little worry... I'm going to get one more Scan in 2 weeks before I can bring myself to announce at 15 weeks. Do what you need to do.

I had one at 8 weeks last pregnancy and 10 this time. at 8 weeks there wasn't a while lot to see, little blob and heartbeat,but it reassured me as I could see that everything was as it should be (my loss previous to that was measuring behind). If it's on offer I'd most defiantly be going! (I had aimed for 8/9 weeks this time aswell but they were fully booked that's how it ended up being 10 weeks)

I had a dating scan done at 8+4 ? I loved it ! You could actually make out the profile and we saw the flicker heartbeat :)

I think if you're really worried it's totally worth it. Here it is standard to get an ultrasound at 7 or 8 weeks to make sure everything is ok - I would hate to have to wait until 12 weeks! You should be able to see a little baby/blob with a heartbeat.

I paid £100 so that's a bargain! I would get one- baby will look like a little jelly bean with s heartbeat at 8 weeks 😊

8+4 we could see something starting to resemble a baby with little arm and leg buds, heartbeat etc. I paid £35 and it was well worth it.

I paid £100 in both of my pregnancies. Totally worth it got the reassurance after a loss. That's a bargain!

I think it's well worth it for your piece of mind! I had one at 7 ish weeks and at 11 weeks as I'm so anxious and was desperate for that reassurance. I feel lucky that private scans are available to us these days so easily. I paid £80 for one and £90 for the other so you are getting a bargain when you get to see your baby xx

Thanks everybody!
I've booked one for Saturday the 30th of April, when I'll be 8w3d :) I'm really nervous and I'm pretty sure my OH thinks I'm insane, but praying for a happy scan and some reassurance!!
I've never made it past the 7 weeks mark in a pregnancy before, so I'm cautiously optimistic.

it depends on whether it will help, I had a scan at 8 weeks (it wasn't through choice but the fertility clinic wanting to confirm pregnancy) and it only eased the worry for about a day, I was still very nervous until I reached 12 weeks. I could see a very rough outline of a baby head, heart and the rest was a blob. It didn't help that the doctor wrongly dated me 8 days behind.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->