Private Scan - where to go?

FlatShoes

Reaction score
How do I find a good & hopefully cheap local place that does a private scan?

I'm 6 weeks and after a mmc in Dec very worried.

Should I wait till 8 weeks? Or go at 7? Or longer?

Hey hun i had a private scan due to previous mmc and constant worrying. I went at 7 weeks and got to see baby and hear the heartbeat. It really helped calm alot of my worries and i dont think i went too early.
I just googled ultra sound scan n local area, for me it was worcestershire n lots came up.

Because my mmc was at 8 weeks I worry that even seeing a HB at 7 weeks won't stop me thinking..

Maybe I'll try and wait till 8 but its nice to know I could see a hb at 7! :)

i use babybond but they aint cheapest.

If your in uk just google local early scans. I seen this little bean HB at 6+5.

if i was in your shoes id go for 8+4 scan :)

I think I will try and hold out past 8 weeks! If I get passed that point AND see a heartbeat I'm sure I will feel alot happier!

I used babybond at 8 +2 and they were really good, I since went back for scans at 17+2, 24+2 & 28+2 so I would recomend them. The quick assure scan I had at 17 weeks wasnt too expensive, I think it was under £60 which I didnt think was too bad. x

I personally think 8 weeks would be a good stage for you to get a scan as you will probably have more peace of mind rather than seeing a heartbeat and then worrying afterwards that you aren't passed the point of your previous loss.

Have you asked your GP or local EPU about a scan, as some EPUs offer an early reassurance scan after a mmc? Mine does, so it is worth asking rather than spending money you might be able to avoid spending.

Pregnancy after a mmc is a minefield but there is every reason your pregnancy will work out fine. I am currently at 11+3 after a mmc at 7 weeks in January. I worry every single day however my scans I've had so far have helped lots!

x

I'm like you, my mmc was 8 weeks 3 days and I'm waiting till I get past that for an early scan, although my mw is booking me in for one due to my worry and previous losses, could you maybe chat to your mw about it? X

I used my ultra baby with my dd. I've heard mixed reviews about them for me they were okay. I didn't find the sonographer particularly compassionate as I had a light bleed at 5.5 weeks x

I visited babybond at 7 weeks (measured 7+3) it did cost £99 but it was definitely worth it! I saw the HB and got a lot of pictures of the little blob. It was such a reassurance after having a mmc at 8 weeks previously.

At 8 weeks i bought myself a sonoline B doppler and i'm able to hear the HB each day, it is such a relief.

I used these people at 7 weeks and it was great :) got a very clear scan, they were professional and we got to keep 4 photos. She did a little write up for me to take to the midwife. Best £99 I've spent! I was having major anxiety and it has made the past few weeks so much more bearable. I'm going to them again next week for a dating scan as we want to tell our parents then, but don't want to tell them before we've checked all is ok. Going to a different clinic though!

https://www.ultrasound-direct.com/

I will check with my midwife, if I can get a scan for free even better! Thanks for all your advice ladies :) xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->