probably over worrying but...

emme

Saffy's Mummy <3
Reaction score
my lo used to go 2 and a half to 3 hours between feeds, and she'd take 4 oz. over the last 24 hours shes gone 4 hours, and at some feeds would have probably gone longer, is this normal? thanks

It's quite normal for ff babies to go 4hrs between feeds love. Fran has gone 3-4hrs between feeds since birth.

There are growth spurts that can make babies change their feeding habits - sometimes they feed more often and take a larger amount, sometimes they feed less often and sleep more.

If she seems fine in herself then I wouldn't worry love but speak to your HV if you want some reassurance xx

It's quite normal for ff babies to go 4hrs between feeds love. Fran has gone 3-4hrs between feeds since birth.

There are growth spurts that can make babies change their feeding habits - sometimes they feed more often and take a larger amount, sometimes they feed less often and sleep more.

If she seems fine in herself then I wouldn't worry love but speak to your HV if you want some reassurance xx

thanks bigbetty - was hoping you would reply, you are always very informative!:flower: xx

i always breath a huge sigh of relief when bigbetty replies, teehee!

:flower:

xx

i always breath a huge sigh of relief when bigbetty replies, teehee!

:flower:

xx

yeah i agree! but i disagree that you're thick, i don't know you obviously but don't be hard on yourself hun!!:flower: xx

I won't be able to fit my head through the door soon lol

Love your avatar Betty :) is it new or am I just totally unobservant? :shrug:

OP your lo has probably just finished the 6 week growth spurt, don't worry though there's another at 8 weeks, then 12 weeks, then 4 months etc etc...these are just the ones I've encountered. Even without growth spurts O still varies from time to time how long he wants to go between feeds, so I wouldn't worry too much. Only if she's not gaining weight or not drinking much day after day, then maybe have a chat with your hv. :)

Love your avatar Betty :) is it new or am I just totally unobservant? :shrug:

OP your lo has probably just finished the 6 week growth spurt, don't worry though there's another at 8 weeks, then 12 weeks, then 4 months etc etc...these are just the ones I've encountered. Even without growth spurts O still varies from time to time how long he wants to go between feeds, so I wouldn't worry too much. Only if she's not gaining weight or not drinking much day after day, then maybe have a chat with your hv. :)

Thank you - it's only a few days old xxx

I wont bother with my advice if you only want Bigbetty! :rofl:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"