Problem on evenings

Snorman

Reaction score
Hi all! I'm having trouble breastfeeding on the afternoon and evenings.
Not trouble per se, but my son just doesn't get full. I sit for hours with him sucking, and he just keeps on going. I have to pump on the morning just to have something to give him so he can sleep.

What can I do? Is my milk supply low in the afternoon? How can I increase it, if that's the case?

Pretty normal for young babies, evenings are prime clusterfeeding time. He's building your supply, just go with it. :)

Please read this:

https://kellymom.com/parenting/parenting-faq/fussy-evening/

^^wss :)

oh, I will also add - I did exactly what you are doing and now my supply is crazy low in the evening because I basically told my body that we didn't need that much milk at night. Now that he eats more I don't have enough in the morning to spare for the evening. If you can - just try keeping him happy at the breast so your body will know to make more. If you can't do that then maybe have someone ells feed him the expressed milk and you can pump pump pump to let your body know you need more! :)

Don't supplement in the evenings. As others gave said, baby is telling your body to make even more milk when he nurses at nights. Also he could also be comfort nursing ( not a bad thing at all) for part of it. Let him do his thing and your milk will catch up.

Cluster feeding very normal in eve (can occur other times of day). Baby is filling tummy for longer sleep and sending your body signals to increase supply which it then takes 2 or 3 days to adjust to. They also go through growth spurts every couple of weeks in the early days (you can Google for idea if ages This happens)

No need to supplement in eve :thumbup:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nirmala kann
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->