Problems experienced with breast feeding new born babies?

DesignStudent

Reaction score
Hello,

as a second year product design student at huddersfield university, i have been set the task of finding out what problems parents face with the feeding of new born babies, and then design products to solve the problems.

It would be such a help to me if you could list any problems you experience with either breast of bottle feeding.

They can be absolutely anything at all to do with feeding, from problems with existing products to having to hold the baby whilst preparing or yours or the babies comfort during.

Although I hope none of you are experiencing any problems, it woulod be great for me if you were, and you could let me know.

Thankyou.

Well I am breastfeeding and struggling to keep my 3year old away from me and baby while we are trying to feed! He just wants to be involed and is always climbing on me and baby/trying to tickle, kiss and cuddle baby etc... So my newborn latches on and sucks really really hard so he doesn't get pulled off, bless him! Usually I end up just moving away from him which means my newborn is interrupted during feeds which is not good while I'm trying to get bf established.

So either something to keep the older one off or keep him occupied (but not left out) or something like that might help me?

Thankyou.

Thats an area that i have never considered, and theres a lot of directions i can take it.

Thanks again.

a sleep nursing bra that holds pads in properly! the amount of times i've woken up with soaking top where pad has dislodged :dohh:

was also thinking a breast pad that disguises smell of breastmilk would be helpful for nursing mums! would stop baby becoming a milk demon when having cuddles :rofl:

Loving the suggestions so far!

I found the hardest thing was staying awake to feed her all night - I kept nodding off and was terrified I'd drop her or fall on her or something. Not sure you could do much about that though...

Hmmm... Some kind of activity you can do one-handed to keep you entertained would also be good.

a "safe bed" that goes in your bed that you can lie on your side and breast feed baby in whilst you sleep x

a sleep nursing bra that holds pads in properly! the amount of times i've woken up with soaking top where pad has dislodged :dohh:

was also thinking a breast pad that disguises smell of breastmilk would be helpful for nursing mums! would stop baby becoming a milk demon when having cuddles :rofl:

Yesssssss!!! I always wake up with the breast pad out of the bra and a wet shirt! I would love nursing bras with underwire. My boobs are enormous and the last thing I need is a bra without underwire and can't find them anywhere. Also a silent breast pump. Everytime I express milk it sounds like a chorus of bullfrogs even though both pumps I have are described as 'quiet'. Sorry, one more! Lack of places to breastfeed when out and places for hubbie to change the baby. We live in Asia though. Hope this helps!

I had loads of problems but stuck it out it was the first few weeks that was the worst i found i was leaking so much at first i would have to put 3 breast pads in my bra and my top would still be soaked through the night and he fed alot in the night! I also would fall alsleep with him feeding and worry i would drop him xxx

Well I am breastfeeding and struggling to keep my 3year old away from me and baby while we are trying to feed! He just wants to be involed and is always climbing on me and baby/trying to tickle, kiss and cuddle baby etc... So my newborn latches on and sucks really really hard so he doesn't get pulled off, bless him! Usually I end up just moving away from him which means my newborn is interrupted during feeds which is not good while I'm trying to get bf established.

So either something to keep the older one off or keep him occupied (but not left out) or something like that might help me?

I definitely agree with this! I have a 19 month old climbing all over me and trying to be involved too... very sweet that he's showing an interest but it does make things more difficult!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->