Problems with the boyfriend/baby daddy

YorkiePoo2010

Reaction score
My boyfriend and I were shocked when I ended up with a positive pregnancy test because I was on the pill and that's all we had used for 2 years. After letting it sink in we were both pretty excited. Now that I'm making a list of things we need and things for the baby shower, he seems very uninterested. I'm becoming more emotional every day and he is making isn't worse. Why is he acting like this? And how can I fix this so we can work together? :cry:

It's not real for him yet, that's completely normal for any man.. they don't feel all that we feel and go through... you have plenty of time to get everything together. Just calm down and breathe and let him wrap his head around everything. I saw in your other post you haven't been to the dr yet! Sometimes once they see the baby on ultrasound it becomes more real, sometimes it doesn't become real until you start to show and still others it doesn't become real for until the baby is born.... give him time and don't push, he'll come around!!

What she said! ^

My husband wasn't very interested until the 12 week US with our son. once he saw him it was more 'real' to him

Agreed. Also, he might be feeling overwhelmed with the list of things you need. It's a lot to take in, and as the man he's feeling immense pressure to take care of both of you. Give him time. And like PPs said, it's not real yet. Some men need a pee stick, some need an ultrasound, and some need to hold their babies. He will come around. And remember that while we shoulder the majority of the pregnancy, he has to process his emotions and changes as well. I was in the ER yesterday, and I had to put my fears and nausea aside to calm down SO when he saw two sacs. He almost had a panic attack. The ultrasound doctor wasn't helping with her how cool would that be/isn't that exciting! comments lol

Anyway. Give him time and space. You're just going to frustrate both of you.

Congratulations! How far along are you?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"