products

MummyinJune

Reaction score
Im posting this in here cause i want only the most natural things poss.

When i bath my son (every second day) I only use water as i have bad skin and dont want this passed on, Is this ok? Or a bit 'minging' lol what do u use?

I only use water too hun, unless he's actually dirty. Even then, I only use a gentle soap (liquid african black soap). I use the same stuff for shampooing, which I only do when his hair is dirty. His hair is washed less than once a month, but it's soft and gorgeous.

I also use some gentle bath oil (weleda calendula cream bath) maybe once a fortnight.

The only thing I use for nappy rash is weleda's calendula nappy cream which is awesome!

Zachary has eczema, but it's nowhere near as bad as it could be which I feel is because we don't use anything on him. He was prescribed the usual steroid cream and petroleum-based emollient when first diagnosed. I didn't use them, instead I have a colloidal silver and MSM lotion and the eczema is all but gone. He only has a couple of small patches of tiny flesh-coloured bumps on his thighs and upper arms now.

I have bad skin too (seborrhoeic dermatitis) and I'm scared that he'll get it as it runs on my side of the family. He does have a touch of cradle cap, which is the infantile version, but it should clear itself up by the time he's 3/4.

I've been using natural and organic products myself for years so if you need any advice or recommendations, feel free to ask. :)

Thanks, i have never heard of these! will i get them online? x

Yup, I rarely find truly natural products in the shops.

I get a lot of my stuff from https://www.theremustbeabetterway.co.uk/ (the weleda range is really nice and good value). They do loads of natural and organic products for little ones so have a good look around to get an idea what's available.

The black soap comes from here: https://www.akamuti.co.uk

The eczema cream is from here: https://www.colloidalsilveronline.co.uk/ It's quite pricey though, but they do trial sizes if you ever want to try it.

I don't really think babies this age really need soap in the bath every time. Not like they're out crawling around in the dirt or anything! I suppose it depends on how often you bathe your baby. I only bathe LO every few days in the tub unless she has a major poo explosion, lol. Otherwise I just wipe her face with water and keep her bum clean. Because I don't bathe her every day I do use soap, but not very much.

I tried Dr. Bronner's baby soap which is all natural but I found it a bit drying to her skin. I use it as a hand wash for her clothes instead. Right now we're using Burt's Bees baby wash which is quite nice. I get the unfragranced version, which is a shame because the regular smells lovely! We use grapeseed oil after the bath for a moisturiser.

Every couple of weeks, I'll wash her hair with 'Earth Friendly Baby' shampoo, but otherwise it's just water. She gets dry skin, so when she has a flare up, I put a couple of tbsp oats in a sock, tie up the end, and leave it under the hot tap while the bath runs, then squeeze it to get the oat 'milk' into the water. I use coconut oil as a moisturiser.

The only other thing we use is Weleda cream if she has a sore bum. Even though she's out of nappies it still happens now and again.

Every couple of weeks, I'll wash her hair with 'Earth Friendly Baby' shampoo, but otherwise it's just water. She gets dry skin, so when she has a flare up, I put a couple of tbsp oats in a sock, tie up the end, and leave it under the hot tap while the bath runs, then squeeze it to get the oat 'milk' into the water. I use coconut oil as a moisturiser.

The only other thing we use is Weleda cream if she has a sore bum. Even though she's out of nappies it still happens now and again.

What a good idea, i might do this 4 myself! haha x

What a good idea, i might do this 4 myself! haha x

I use it too! If you've got really itchy/ dry patches, you can rub the milk on 'neat'. Really lovely and softening. The only annoying thing is getting rid of the wet oats from the sock afterwards. They stick to anything!

IIRC Waitrose have a nice range of natural stuff for babies and adults.

I use Naturally Cool Kids (in UK). I met the parents a while back and they created range as one of their children I think got sick. Anyway - great stuff.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sylvi.H.
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->