Progesterone and bbt HELP please

chistiana

Nik,Nat,Maya & 3 angels
Reaction score
Hi ladies. So i have been having a very short lp (4 days, 7 days, 12 days!) lately and this months i tool the P14 test which came back at 42. I know this is normal but doc said i might want to start progesterone as i used it anyway with all of my pg because i have a su/bu. so i started on 200mg on 7 dpo. 8 dpo my temps dropped a lot but then today 9 dpo they spiked. Could just 2 pills of progesterone have caused my temps to spike so fast? Should i pay any attention to my chart or ignore it? And do you know what might happen if i stop taking it today? I have a terrible headache and i just dont want to e on it before i actually get pg if that ever happens. Any insight i would reeeeaaaalllly appreciate!

Hmm, I'm not sure christiana but I sure can commiserate! What's an su/bu? I'm using non-prescription USP grade progesterone cream along with Vitex to try and get my hormones to stop being stupid :growlmad: . I feel sooooooo much better but the temps in my LP are psychotic right now :nope: . I probably wouldn't stop in the middle of my LP (but I have hormonal issues so...) Do you always get the headaches from the progesterone supps?

Thanks so much for your answer sweetpotatopi, i thought i d get no answer whatsoever. A su/bu is a septate/bicornuate uterus where basically my uterus is divided in two so baby only has half the space to grow. I always took the progesterone after the 6th week of being pg because of bleeding but they never gave me headaches. This is the first time to take them in the tww. Headaches were the first symptom for me when i was pg with my son though.
I see you re only a day behind me are you planning to test soon? 12 dpo for me today and still bfn :( i m most probably out but i am trying to keep some hope! I have so many symptoms yet i know they can be normal pre af symptoms or because of the progesterone. My last pill was thursday night, my temps are still up. Do you know when i should expect af???
Sorry for the long post but it s good to talk to someone going through similar situation :)

Ahhh, su/bu, gotcha! I couldn't figure out the acronym for the life of me :dohh: . Ugh, don't you just hate that pregnancy symptoms and AF is coming symptoms are identical! Seriously, Mother Nature has a twisted sense of humor :rolleyes: . Yes, I'm testing tomorrow and not looking forward to it; the BFN's are brutal :nope: . I need to know about a BFP ASAP so I can get a 'scrip for Prometrium. Even if I did happen to fall this cycle I won't likely get a BFP then. The one time I tested early, at 10DPO, was with our DS2 and it was BFN. AT 13DPO BFP. I just hate BFN's :shipw: .

With our two boys, I just knew I was pg, knew it. Over the last year+ I've lost connection with my body and can't read myself at all. The way I'm feeling right now (just, off, ya know?) I would love to believe I'm pg again but refuse to fall into that and instead I'm choosing to remind myself that it's probably the progesterone :coffee: .

So your last pill was Thursday night and your temps are still up? Are you still getting headaches? AF should arrive within a couple of days after stopping the progesterone, give or take. But the fact that your temps are still up is definitely reason to hope!

I think I've practically written a novel here myself :haha: . But you're so right on it feeling good to talk with someone in a similar situation :) . And we're cycle buddies, woohoo! :friends: So you guys are going for #3? So are we :D . I don't tend to see much of TTC/NTNP #3 on SI boards. We conceived in September of 2012, I lost the pregnancy in November, first m/c. Our boys and that pg were conceived on the first "try" but after the m/c I didn't fall again for five or six months. I believe it has been a hormonal issue. I am positive I felt implantation failing every...single...month :nope: . So then, finally got pg again, turned around and lost that pregnancy too. Really did my head in and I had to step back for a minute. I'm so sorry about your losses; it's one of the most difficult things that we women can go through :( . Hmph, "difficult" isn't even a strong enough word...

DS2 reeeeally wants his oatmeal :p . BBL!

Ow i am so so sorry for your losses too hun, it is trully beyond words, despite the fact that i had dd after my two losses i still feel there is a part of me missing. With dd i was on strict bed rest from w13 to w35 when i gave birth and it was miserable but i would do it again without even blinking!
I so hate bfn. I use to really test very very early but this month it s been a crazy one (well basically all cycles after dd have been) this is cd 43 or something like this today so i only started testing at 10 dpo. But all the stark white tests are really depressing me plus i can feel the cramping coming on so i m guessing the witch will get me either in my sleep or bright and early tomorrow!! But i will keep all fingers and toes x ed for you! Let me know how it goes , i d love to be cycle buddies even thought i d love more to be bump buddies!!

Definitely, we'd walk through hell with gasoline undies on for these babies wouldn't we? :) Yes, will keep you posted! Still hoping the witch is up to trickery and she won't fly for you :af: .

Hey sweetpotatopi, how are you doing? Did you test?

Af is still not here for me but my temps dropped this morning (just over cover line) so i am assuming she ll show her ugly face soon. Gggrrrmfffff i just hate this whole ttc business especially now that each cucle is like at least 45 days long... It drags and drags and is just pure torture.
And weird thing is i ve been having lots of dizzy spells and my lp was never more than 13 days (i mean anything ober 12 i d just go crazy partying happy), i am on 14dpo, why did the stupid temps go and drop and kill all my hopes???
Anyway sorry for the rant, i really hope you have better luck than me this cycle, let me know how it goes

I really like calling it a "cucle" instead of a "cycle" and will totally figure out how to work that into my standard speech :haha: .

Did The Witch drop for you yet? I know what you mean with the temps :nope: . Mine have been super stupid the last couple of days and I don't even want to take mine in the morning. Nope, not doing it. Just gonna hope 'til the bitter end!

I got a BFN a couple of days ago at 12DPO and had myself a nice little crying jag :blush: . That day was rough. Will test this AM (if I ever get back to sleep :haha:) at 14DPO and if BFN then I'll stop the progesterone and wait for AF.

Yep, there's no love lost b/w me and TTC, I hear ya!

I'm soooooo exhausted and feel like I'm coming down with something. Ugh, if I get sick on top of getting AF I'm going to throw a fit :haha: .

Hahaha excuse my spelling i m always on my phone typing strange words!!!
Yap the witch showed yesterday, it really bothered me even though i expected her to come so i might go easy this cycle, no supplements no nothing! If af comes for you (i hope it doesnt) we ll only be a couple of days apart, when do you usually ov? Wanna cycle together to a new year bfp??

lol I love stranje words :haha: . I'm always forcing the English language to bend to my will :rofl: .

So yep, 14DPO with a BFN using FMU, boooooooo!!!!! If AF isn't all psychotic this new cycle that would be golden :thumbup: . I was thinking of giving the supplements a break soon too. Maybe one more cycle then cool it for a bit. IDK, we'll see. I had been hoping my body would regulate for something like nine or so months without success before I got on Vitex and had a near perfect looking chart. Haven't seen a cycle like that since :dohh: .

Pppffffttt, do I wanna cycle together to a New Year's BFP; you bet your stocking stuffers I do! :xmas7:

Great!! (although i m still holding on hope for you!)
So vitex helped you?? It use to really help regulate my hormones but i have a strange feeling it s been delaying ov for me lately so i m hoping this cycle ov might come earlier without the vitex. I will also only take the b6 after ov and i ve started drinking like tons if water and grapefruit juice cause my cm is just miserable!! Ow well one can only hope!!! What else are you taking to help?

Yeah girl, Vitex has been awesomeness for me! I think I started taking too much at one point though and my estro dom symptoms came roaring back, so then I cut back and now I think it's too little :rolleyes: . Got the Vitex I had before so now I'll be able to more accurately measure my dosage and onCD1 will go back to about 1,000 mg/day. This cycle was the best my CF's been in a long, loooooong time! I drink tons of water on the regular but my CF has still been holding out until this cycle. Maybe it's the small amount of green tea? Maybe the Vitex? I have no idea :shrug: .

I take a multi-vite (gotta get some different prenatals as I saw the ones I just got have red raspberry leaf in them :dohh: ), a liquid cal/mag/D3 supp, a liquid iron supp, methyl folate, a moderate amount of green tea; need to get some omega 3's. Just got on the progesterone this cycle. My body's probably like "WTF are you doing?!" since The Witch mocks and laughs at me every month anyway :sad2: .

Going to start self fertility massage, castor oil packs over the ovaries, and self-accupressure. Also going to get some magnesium oil hoping that will help with my dymenorrhea, omfg, the pain! I need to start juicing again. Right now all I want is a glass of :wine: and a :pizza: lol.

Ok i think i know only half of the words you wrote down lol!!! You said something about estrogen dominance....how do you diagnose that?? I think my estrogen is high... My cbfm goes to high the first day i use it but then i ov like 30 days later so i m thinking my estrogen is high?? Could the vitex make this worse????
Still no af???? This is promising... What are your temps doing??

lol! Yeah, I guess it's kind of a lot going on but at the same time not really when we know what some of us go through with stuff like IVF and things. You can have your doc do different tests on certain days throughout your cycle or you can do at home tests that you send in or even visit a stand alone lab but I didn't do any of that. For years I've had issues and no one could tell me what was wrong with me. When I started having m/c's, severe menorrhagia and dysmenorrhea, problems getting pg, and various other issues that intensified, I started digging deeper on my own. Found out about estrogen dominance/low progesterone; fit everything happening to me now and throughout my life. Been working on the imbalance and even though I'm still struggling with certain issues, overall it's like night and day with me. Vitex works to balance hormones and seems to be a good fit for those of us dealing with estrogen dominance/low progesterone. Here's a post I made on Vitex and estro dom/low progesterone that has a few links:

https://babyandbump.momtastic.com/ttc-after-loss/2016931-anybody-ready-but-wtt.html#post29773615

Nope, no AF still :shrug: . I thought she was coming on down today as I started having my pre-spotting spotting :haha: but now nothing. Again, :shrug: . My temps are just stupid and I'm so over this cycle :haha: . Next time I know to stop the progesterone earlier. How long did she take to show once you stopped the supp? Two days? I know it can take around 1-3 days on average but I figured I'd be getting got today since AF takes no prisoners with me :rolleyes: . No idea WTF is going on in my uterus :telephone: . It'll feel like I'm coming on then nothing. Definitely over it :coffee: .

Hmmm it took 4 days for af to come after i stopped the progesterone but this was my first lp progesterone use so maybe that s why it took so long! Maybe you re pg?? Too scary to entertain the thought? Are you still testing? With pg#2 i got my first faint bfp at 17 dpo! I ll read your post at school, will keep me from banging my head from what i hear all day round plus i might learn a few things about what s going on with me!! I really hope af doesnt show for you, then you cam coach me to bfp!!! You seem to know way more than i do!!

She got me around 4 this morning :haha: . I was definitely having daydreams of being one of the gals who got a late BFP turned rainbow baby lol. If I keep it in the mix this go 'round (and I'm thinking I just might), I'll stop the progesterone 13DPO.

Hmm, IDK, maybe I will cut the progesterone out this cycle and see what happens :shrug: . The pain of AF is far less (maybe the magnesium helped the cramping?) but I'm getting knots and it's really clotty again ](*,) ; pretty heavy too :dohh: *sigh* .

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
queenmom14
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->