progesterone anyone?

PD4

Reaction score
I saw a doctor that isn't my doctor about 2 months ago and she prescribed prometrium due to my short lp. I o around day 19-20 of a 28-29 cycle. She clearly didn't know what she was talking about and told me to start it on day 14...so I did but then after taking it for a few days realized it can stop o so I stopped it. This will be my first "real" month on it. I don't temp (have tried but I don't sleep well with a toddler in the house so it just didn't work) I got my first positive opk on Friday (Chriatmas) so 3 days ago. When should I start taking it?
TIA!

hi!!

I would say about 2 days after your positive opk turns negative again. (just to be on the safe side) That would be the best taking into consideration that you do not temp.

I saw a doctor that isn't my doctor about 2 months ago and she prescribed prometrium due to my short lp. I o around day 19-20 of a 28-29 cycle. She clearly didn't know what she was talking about and told me to start it on day 14...so I did but then after taking it for a few days realized it can stop o so I stopped it. This will be my first "real" month on it. I don't temp (have tried but I don't sleep well with a toddler in the house so it just didn't work) I got my first positive opk on Friday (Chriatmas) so 3 days ago. When should I start taking it?
TIA!

48 hours after a positive OPK is when I start my progesterone cream. I do temp and always O the day after positive OPK. So it's pretty straight forward form me, but even if you were slightly early, by the time the surge has spent itself, the progesterone won't build up fast enough to keep you from O'ing anyway. Also, since you have a short LP, I would keep taking the Progesterone until your AF shows up. You might also try, B12, B6, and vitamin C to help increase your LP over a few months of supplementation.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
queenmom14
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->