Progesterone, HCG and Cramping

Hopeful14

Reaction score
Hey Ladies,

I was confirmed BFP on 12DPO. My HCG was 60.7 and my P4 was 18 (the p4 after ovulation was 10.6).

Does this seem low? I have been reading online that some women will have them in the 100s already but i am not sure if IVF makes a difference in the numbers. This is my first cycle of clomid on 150mg. I conceived naturally in June 2014 but it was ectopic. Around this time during the June pregnancy my hcg was 554 and my p4 was 7. Needless to say I am super worried over another MC because I am having period like cramps on the left side where I always have them. I do remember last pregnancy they were a little more severe.

I go for my second set of hcg #s tomorrow. Last time they only doubled once and barely after that it was only around 100 every three days.

60 at 12dpo sounds good to me. Most barely register at + on a hpt by then.

60 at 12dpo sounds good to me. Most barely register at + on a hpt by then.

Thanks! I wasn't sure. Actually my blood test was 13dpo miss calc. I barely get lines on my Wondofos and FR is light. I got the CB digital with the weeks 1-2 on 11dpo. I hate the nervous wait. I feel like I can't celebrate until I know for sure. In June when i went for my sono and nothing was there I was devastated. I'm trying to avoid that as much as possible.

Your progesterone numbers are similar to mine so early, I've had no problems :) I had lots of cramping in the beginning also, TONS!

Your progesterone numbers are similar to mine so early, I've had no problems :) I had lots of cramping in the beginning also, TONS!

Thanks cookette. its better to see similar stories because when i was reading that some women had 200s at their first beta i thought something was wrong.

Congrats on your pregnancy!

Hopeful,
Hope my betas can reassure you...
with my DD they were

12dpo - 25
14 dpo - 83
16 dpo - 208

look at my sig for this pregnancy.....a single beta tells them nothing. Its the doubling time that is most important.
When the fertility clinic called and told me that my first beta was 9.8 they couldn't even call it pregnant, they like to see at least 10. I was sure it was a chemical...but bean is strong....betas have much more than doubled.

Best of luck :hugs:

Hopeful,
Hope my betas can reassure you...
with my DD they were

12dpo - 25
14 dpo - 83
16 dpo - 208

look at my sig for this pregnancy.....a single beta tells them nothing. Its the doubling time that is most important.
When the fertility clinic called and told me that my first beta was 9.8 they couldn't even call it pregnant, they like to see at least 10. I was sure it was a chemical...but bean is strong....betas have much more than doubled.

Best of luck :hugs:

Thanks whattoexpect. I just came back from the doc I should know after 2p. I am hoping they doubled and your betas are definitely reassuring. I had a uterine artery embolization a few years back for one fibroid so I was always worried about my lining and then with the ectopic i was even more worried. Having PCOS for years and no one to take the time to figure it out left me feeling like this would never happen. I am definitely on edge hoping everything is smooth sailing

Congrats on your BFP:happydance:

Please let us know how it goes....I always found waiting for the results is brutal, nervous energy all day until they call...

Loads of sticky dust to you

Please let us know how it goes....I always found waiting for the results is brutal, nervous energy all day until they call...

Loads of sticky dust to you]

When i am at work its easier because I keep busy but when I have to go on the weekends its brutal because I am just sitting here watching the clock and tv.

I will update as soon as i find out!!

Sticky dust to you as well!!!!

The doc called and my beta level has double. 60.7 to 129 we are very happy!:happydance: P4 went from 18-17.8 but she said that its so insignificant if it was a bigger drop they would worry. I repeat the test friday and then hopefully next week have my first OB sono and i can see something

That is wonderful. Bean is happily growing :happydance::happydance:

At my clinic they give you a sono @ 6weeks to hopefully see heartbeat.

GL and Fx. Keep me posted....were practically bump-buddies :cloud9:

Yes I am so excited that these numbers are doubling. I cant wait to see what Friday brings. I feel like once i see the sono next week I will be over the top! I think next week is 6 weeks and he will do a vaginal sono. This is the first time i want the week to fly by.

As much as i love my RE i will be happy to leave him for a bit and see my OB she is amazing and on maternity leave however she will be back in time just for the switch.

I will keep you posted and please do the same.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lynnedm78
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->