Progesterone tests (CD21) timing...

Lyns

Mama to two <3
Reaction score
Question for you guys that have had bloods done.....

My doctor has agreed to start running the usual tests on me prior to referral.....beginning with CD5 and 21 bloods, but I am concerned about timing....

CD5...ok, no problem, will be done on CD5 (wouldn'tya know it - I'm CD6 today:dohh:), but exactly when should the CD21/progesterone tests be run? I know we call them CD21 tests, but that, I believe is based on a normal 28 days cycle with Ov at day14...therefore 7 days after Ov and 7 days before AF is due.

Because my cycle is slightly shorter (26 -27 days) my doc has booked me in for the test on CD19. BUT here's the thing....I don't Ov until CD17....and I thought it was 7 days after Ov as opposed to 7 days before AF, as she told me this morning...:confused:

I'm prepared to 'override' her and just re-arrange the test with the receptionist, but want to know I've got it right first? Or am I being a total numpty and do I have it wrong and 2 days after Ov is OK?

Thanks guys....I really appreciate your input :hugs:

Agreed, 7 days after ovulation, as opposed to 7days before AF, as i also never got the right info on my CD21 tests... i was always 4-5DPO....:dohh::dohh::dohh:

i thought it had to be 7 dpo but if you don't know when you o'd then that could be a problem. I'm having my on CD22 as cd21 falls on a sunday

i think my doctor i had told me any time after 7 days past ovulations...was ok...do to the test.

I had mine done at 5DPO so i would say that should be the earliest after ovulation, 7 days after ideally. I had to have mine done twice cos my gp told me to have it done on ovulation originally. Good luck. XXX

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->