Progesterone

I am thinking about doing soy, b-complex and progesterone next cycle. I know they say Vitex can take up to 6 months to work if it’s going to work. It just seems like too much time for me. I’m impatient, maybe I should be used to it taking a long time since we have been ttc over 3 years but the longer it’s taking the less patient I’m becoming. My son is 4 in the summer and I imagined him becoming a big brother by 2.

My friends seem to have had ok experiences going to the groups aswell. One of my friends is currently trying sw again but she’s in a different area to me and it’s on the day my son is off nursery and it would be too much for him to go to it otherwise I would have considered joining with her. I always find dieting with someone quite helpful aswell. I will see where my nearest group is and have a think about it.

How long has it been since you tried soy? Maybe start off on 80 for two days, increase to 120 or 160 for two, then 160 or 200 on the fifth day? Also if you use it at the later end you're more likely to produce a much more mature egg, whereas earlier you use it more chance of multiple ovulation. But you probably know that already.
B complex will help increase progesterone, and if you use progesterone during your lp, if the soy does increase your oestrogen too much hopefully this will counter it enough.

I went alone first time I joined but I knew the group consultant which was good, but then a friend joined the same group with me later on. However, this group closed and I had to join another, I didn't stay because I had too much happening at the time but I think you will make friends if you can't join with a friend

The first cycle I tried soy I used lower doses and didn’t ovulate it was a 80+ day cycle the next cycle I took 200mg each day and ovulated the next few cycles until the last cycle I tried it where I didn’t ovulate. Then I ovulated on my own the next cycle which is very strange for me. I was wondering if it was a delayed reaction to soy or something. I’ve just found my notes from when I used the soy. I did use b6 for one cycle I tried soy but my lp didn’t change. It was only 9days. With spotting on 9dpo. Then I bought the progesterone cream for the next cycle and didn’t ovulate.

I’m not the greatest person at making friends I struggle to understand how I made the friends I have lol since having my son though it has seemed to help me come out of my shell a bit though people regularly stop me to talk to him and say how cute he is so I have no choice to speak to strangers lol

There is also oestrogen cream but I don't know enough about it to advise when and how to use it.
I think it's worth giving the soy another chance, perhaps try an in between dose? Perhaps start at 120, then 160 then 200?
You can use the progesterone cream daily for a certain time, I can't remember how long now, but some people do this throughout their cycle then stop to induce a stronger ovulation. I haven't tried this myself but I have read about it briefly online, may be worth a Google.

I know what you mean. I'm really unsociable! But cute babies do have a habit of drawing attention you can't avoid! The only way I can deal with being sociable is faking confidence, eventually it becomes an automatic thing you do but it's hard at first

Yes I think if I was to try soy again I would try 160 for the first few days and 200mg for the last day and see what happens.

Using the progesterone cream as a way to get stronger ovulation sounds like it would have the same effect as the progesterone pill. I will look into it more.

My temp went up today I’m not sure what to make of it, if I have another night temp tomorrow it would give me cross hairs, although it could drop aswell I won’t know until tomorrow. If it was to go up it would put ovulation 3 days after the positive opk which is a little off usually ovulation would take place 24/48 hours after a positive opk not 72 hours.

I’ve never been one for being able to even fake confidence, it’s always been pretty clear I’m shy and unconfident. Although I’m more comfortable talking to health professionals now that I have my son as he has had lots of Drs apps, peaditrition apps and speech and language and portage come to the house and I feel I’m able to be pretty open with them which is a big leap from what I used to be like.

I think with the progesterone that's the idea, but you're using the bio-identical hormone instead of the synthetic hormone in the pill.

Your chart looks good, it isn't unheard of to ovulate three days after a positive OPK, did you keep using them after the positive to see if they went and stayed negative?

I understand because although this was what I used to do, I have been a recluse for much of the time more recently. When I do speak to other people I probably look nuts but ho hum lol

Yes they went back to no line so I haven’t done one in 2 days, but I prefer to use the Clearblue advance ovulation test because with opks it seems I can get a negative, a positive, then negative 2 hours later. My surge seems really short so there have been times where I have missed the positive opk but ovulated despite testing multiple times in a day. Where as with the Clearblue it seems to pick up the peak. I’ve only used the Clearblue twice last time it did pick up ovulation. And this time I’m not sure weather it has been a false peak or not. Last cycle when I ovulated naturally I had ovulation pain for a few hours and it took me back to when I was ttc my son and had he exact same pain it was the only cycle I got ovulation pain aswell and we concieved that cycle with dtd 4 days before ovulation. Which is why although I didn’t track last cycle because I never thought I would ovulate without the soy when I got that pain I just couldn’t stop myself from being curious and starting to temp on the day I ovulated. When ttc my son I had multiple days of positive opks they would be blaring positive much darker than the control line. Everything about ttc is so different this time round.

I spend a lot of time at home as well, although since my sons diagnosis of autism I’m trying to push myself to go out more often because he needs it and I’ve put his name down for a autism group nearby and there are workshops that will put me with other parents of children with autism which will be beneficial for me and my son. I have to come out of my shell weather I like it or not for his sake.

Hopefully your temps continue to increase and you can confirm ovulation this cycle! It looks good :)

We have both our youngest with autism too. It isn't easy getting them out and about because there's usually a meltdown with one or both! DS2 had a meltdown Christmas Eve the year before last and I had to carry him plus Christmas shopping outstretched back home lol it wasn't easy! It's good you have groups for him, there are things like this for older children with autism here but I haven't found any for younger children

I hope so fingers crossed for tomorrow’s temp.

It can be really difficult with meltdowns, I think for a long time I didn’t want to stray far because there’s usually a meltdown. Sometimes it can even be going into a shop that causes a meltdown. Even our local shop we go multiple times a week and the majority of it starts with him screaming as soon as we walk through the doors. I find things like soft play, swimming things he likes to do especially swimming because he loves it so much and most of the swimming pools near us have time limits and he doesn’t understand any of that so when we get out he doesn’t understand why and probably assumes I’m being mean by taking him out and he sobs and screams it’s awful.
There’s only one group around here as far as I’m aware for 2-7 year olds. The group was created by a lady who’s son was diagnosed with autism and she created the group because there was very little support for children with autism and family’s with children with autism. Each child gets a 1 hour session a week which is good and my sons nursery is willing to let him go to that instead of one of his sessions if we get given a slot that clashes with his nursery time which is good that the nursery is willing to be flexible.

On Ff under interpretation it says your monitor detected peak on cd20 you may have ovulated on cd21. Is it just saying this because of the peak on the ovulation test do you think?

Crosshairs this morning but I’m unsure weather to believe them...I always have this struggle when I get crosshairs because I’m not used to ovulating. Because the opks are a bit off it makes me more unsure. And I don’t know weather to start progesterone cream or not.

The app goes mostly by your temps, so I wouldn't worry about the OPKs so much. It works by detecting consistently higher temps for three days, higher than the previous six, which makes sense on your chart so I would try to relax and trust the app is right. It usually is :)

I was wondering about the progesterone cream. I’ve seen online you can apply to your face, neck, upper chest, breasts, inner arms, palms and feet. But then there are other sites that say inner thighs and lower back too.
I was wondering about the inner arms, palms and feet I find that one pump is quite a lot can you put it on both feet, both palms and both arms? I felt like last time there was a lot of excess after rubbing in and I couldn’t get it to rub in anymore if that makes sense.

Yeah I had the same with the cream too, it seems like a little but it goes a LONG way! Anywhere the skin is thin and you can see clear veins blood vessels etc. is good to whack it on. Always alternate areas though otherwise it will become saturated and won't be effective. I think it's ok to distribute it evenly on both palms or feet, but with larger areas stick to that area, and just keep rubbing it in. You can use it on your face too but I found it irritated my eyes. I didn't put it close to my eyes but it still irritated them

Yesterday I did feet and chest, today I think I will do inner arms near the wrist since it’s pretth veiny and i’ll try face before bed. My chart looks good today.

I agree, your chart it looking really good! Cheeks and neck are good in the facial area. I used to do chest & boobs, inner arms and wrists (lower and upper inner arms), inside thighs, feet and hands, neck and face but didn't do face much because of my eyes. Try not to wash your hands for at least an hour afterwards

I haven’t been washing my hands after for at least a hour anyways. I’ve just applied it to my lower inner arms.

So if I do
Yesterday chest & feet
Today lower inner arms & cheeks and neck
Tomorrow upper inner arms & inner thighs
Then chest and feet again and carry in that order will that be ok?

Based on my 9-10day lp i’ll expecting af in 5-6 days. I think this cycle I will only test if I go past a 10 day lp.

Yeah that should be fine. Is this your first cycle using the cream? I can't remember

No I used it last cycle but not until 5dpo because I hadn’t been charting when I had ovulation pain I started temping the next day and my temps kept rising and were higher than my usual post ovulation temps so I decided to take the chance with the progesterone cream, but it didn’t make a difference to my lp it was still 10days. But I’m hoping starting it on 3dpo this time along with the Vitex I will have better results this time.

I have quite a bit of cramping today especially when I have to pee. This is common for me between 3-5dpo. I always feel like I’ve got a uti after ovulation.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->