Progression?

Sometimes a larger age gap is ok. There will be five and a half years between this one and our youngest. There’s eleven years between first and second, that’s actally quite handy now as I can bribe him into babysitting lol

My HCG today was 207. And she said my beta from 2 days ago was 119, she “misread” it before. UGH.
She said that’s almost the doubling they look for, so I have to go in Monday for ANOTHER ultrasound and HCG beta.
I don’t know what to make of this!

I have read this post and want to send huge :hugs: and fx for a sticky baby sounding good that hcg are rising xxx

I cannot believe she ‘misread’ something so important to someone. That must have caused an amazing amount of heartache and stress :hugs: so sorry and glad the numbers are looking better! X

Omg that's infinitely better!!! Really hope this has a happy ending for you.

Thanks everyone! I hate that all I can do is wait and see.
And trust me, this nurse made me furious with how she’s dealt with me.
I kept wondering why my actual DOCTOR wasn’t seeing me, and got a letter in the mail yesterday that she is leaving this hospital for one 2 hrs away....
So I am hoping I won’t have to deal with them much longer, since this is my Fertility doc. My regular OBGYN is so much better!

Can you complain to the office manager?

When is your next blood draw?

I think I’m just going to put up with then thru whatever this is, then switch if I still need a Fertility doc.
My next draw is tomorrow.

Good luck for tomorrow :hugs:

Ultrasound still showed nothing, and bloodwork went from 207 to 270 in four days.
I am going in a half hour to get a shot to terminate the pregnancy, they are 100% sure it’s ectopic because of the ultrasound.
I’m devistated but trying to keep a brave face for my son.
And on top of this, we can’t try for 3 months after the shot.
I’m going to try and look at it as healing time, mentally and physically.
But I have no clue about this MTX shot? I don’t know if I will bleed, or for how long.
Hoping to learn more when we get there.

Thank you ladies for all your kind words and encouragement! I’m trying to look at this as, it wasn’t meant to be this time.

So, so sorry to hear this :( I still think your numbers are too low to determine location of the pregnancy by ultrasound but do concur the pregnancy is not viable :( with my miscarriage I had very slow rising numbers, then they started to decline and I miscarried shortly after.

Why are they making you wait to ttc? I would get a second opinion on that if your heart is ready to try again.

Regarding the shot if it is what a former friend of mine had, it is not very pleasant but it's inducing a miscarriage essentially so I imagine it is just similar to that experience. I believe feeling sick can be a side effect and I know hers made her sick. She was further along though.

Lastly, if this is an ectopic, thank God it was caught early! That would just be terrible to lose a pregnancy and a tube.

It's still very sad though and I am sorry for your loss. Sorry for so much ranting :hugs:

I'm so sorry to be reading this :hugs: xx

I’m so sorry :hugs:

Gigglebox, you can’t ttc for three months as the drug methotrexate is also used in the treatment of cancer, and can, I believe, cause defects in a future pregnancy conceived too soon after the shot. Pretty sure that’s why. Which is awful, because clearly not everyone would want to wait three months, some may be ready and want or need even, to try sooner. But for the safety of any future pregnancy it’s just best to wait, which sucks balls

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->