Progression?

MrsHBuckley

TTC #2
Reaction score
So here’s the STRANGE story of this BFP.
I had what I thought was my period about 9 days ago, came right on time at 14dpo.
Then, 2 days ago I started having brown bleeding, I took a test and saw a positive. I went and got Betas done on Friday and my HCG was 61.
I can’t get in again til Tuesday for more blood work as I am on vacation. Perfect timing right!
I brought my tests with me... first is yesterday, bottom is today, both taken at same time after being dipped.

Does it look they they are progressing? I’m terrified of ectopic/miscarriage because it’s tehnically been over 3 weeks since we DTD. Shouldn’t they be darker?

Attachments

• F6DE38F5-9D6C-4EC9-8525-4D3C1F675F62.jpg
    F6DE38F5-9D6C-4EC9-8525-4D3C1F675F62.jpg
    20.7 KB · Views: 67
  • 5B4DFE4A-4741-440F-8500-B92885D48F6D.jpg
    5B4DFE4A-4741-440F-8500-B92885D48F6D.jpg
    26.9 KB · Views: 65
Without knowing when exactly you ovulated, it's hard to judge the dakness of these tests. Since your hcg is lower (because the numbers start out low) tests at this point probably won't be drastically different in a day. I also have found te cheaper tests are bad for showing progression.

They look about the same to me, and if you just asked me to guess dpo by the test line i'd say anywhere from 12 to 16 dpo...and sperm can up to 5 days, 7 in rare but perfectly ideal situations, so it's not unreasonable to have that hcg number.

All this to say the test looks fine but the only real assurance you are going to get is from that second blood draw. Just have fun and keep busy on your vacation to pass the time!

Without knowing when exactly you ovulated, it's hard to judge the dakness of these tests. Since your hcg is lower (because the numbers start out low) tests at this point probably won't be drastically different in a day. I also have found te cheaper tests are bad for showing progression.

They look about the same to me, and if you just asked me to guess dpo by the test line i'd say anywhere from 12 to 16 dpo...and sperm can up to 5 days, 7 in rare but perfectly ideal situations, so it's not unreasonable to have that hcg number.

All this to say the test looks fine but the only real assurance you are going to get is from that second blood draw. Just have fun and keep busy on your vacation to pass the time!

Thank you! It’s so nerve wrecking and confusing, but I am caustiously optimistic. I had some bleeding on Thursday and Friday, like only when I wiped, but now nothing (thank goodness). Waiting is the hardest part, but I must say, being at the beach is making it a little easier!

Anyone who has ever ttc can empathize with the waiting game! Good luck and please keep us posted :)

This is today’s.... my hope is kinda gone now.

Attachments

• 606D909B-EF3A-4EC5-92F0-5FB485A535A8.jpg
    606D909B-EF3A-4EC5-92F0-5FB485A535A8.jpg
    23.9 KB · Views: 70
What kind of test is that? Do you know the sensitivity?

Maybe try tracking your progression on a different brand of test? Sometimes ICs can have different sensitivities, even in the same batch. My ICs were negative or barely visible when my FRER was super clear and easy to understand.

That being said, for ICs those are great lines, even at 14dpo. Each baby is different and can implant whenever they want, which means your tests may not match everyone else's.

I hope your lines keep getitng darker!

I think it's promising that the line is staying the same, not getting lighter. Keep hope!

They are iProven tests and online it says they are 10miu.
My doctor called and they want me to go in for an ultrasound to check for ectopic tomorrow and take more blood work.
I’m trying to stay positive!

Fx all goes ok! Although if you're this early I don't know how they would see anything in your tube or otherwise...? Are you having any pain?

I'm sorry you are going through this! I don't want to dash your hopes, but I had a very similar experience last year. I had my period on Mother's Day, or what I thought was my period, I had gotten negative tests up until it started. I started spotting about 11 days into my cycle so I took an OPK and it was positive, but, since I was spotting, I did an HPT just to be sure and it came out positive. Long story short, my tests progressed VERY slowly, I had my blood drawn every other day for about a month (minus weekends) and my levels kept going up but extremely slowly. Finally at about a month from my BFP they started dropping. I never got high enough levels to do an ultrasound (they told me the levels have to be around 1,000 to see anything on ultrasound). Hugs!! I hope your outcome is VERY different and that this little bean somehow makes it, but I also wanted you to know you aren't alone.

Well today they saw nothing on the ultrasound, no surprise there.
My HCG is now 160 I believe. She said I only had a rise of 30% which is the minimum and I should prepare to lose this pregnancy.
I am so gutted. To go almost 2 years TTC and now this, I want to just give up.
They are having me do another blood draw in 2 days.

I'm sorry you are going through this! I don't want to dash your hopes, but I had a very similar experience last year. I had my period on Mother's Day, or what I thought was my period, I had gotten negative tests up until it started. I started spotting about 11 days into my cycle so I took an OPK and it was positive, but, since I was spotting, I did an HPT just to be sure and it came out positive. Long story short, my tests progressed VERY slowly, I had my blood drawn every other day for about a month (minus weekends) and my levels kept going up but extremely slowly. Finally at about a month from my BFP they started dropping. I never got high enough levels to do an ultrasound (they told me the levels have to be around 1,000 to see anything on ultrasound). Hugs!! I hope your outcome is VERY different and that this little bean somehow makes it, but I also wanted you to know you aren't alone.

Thank you so much, this is almost my story exact. I’m preparing for the worst month of my life.

Oh hon I am so sorry :hugs: should things not work out I really hope your body as well as your heart heals quickly.

Thank you so much, this is almost my story exact. I’m preparing for the worst month of my life.

So many hugs! :hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs:Last year's loss for us was after 2 and a half years, so I get it. But, if it gives you some hope, I'm now 13 weeks with our rainbow <3 Hang in there sweetie! And you know miracles still happen, so you never know. Rising levels is better than nothing. Praying for you <3

I&#8217;m so sorry. I have seen you post a fair bit and each time I hope this is it for you. I understand it&#8217;s unbelievably hard, but please try not to give up hope. My husband and I were ttc for 18 months before this baby, after being able to easily get pregnant it was a shock to be able to conceive but not hold onto any. Honestly didn&#8217;t think it would happen for us but it did, and it does for most. It&#8217;s just bloody horrible getting there :hugs:

Thank you.
Yea, it took us 18 months to have my son. I just hate that the age gap is getting so big, at the least they would be 5 years apart at this rate. :(
Went for bloodwork this morning, now just waiting for the results.

:hugs: i can relate to thw age gap. I was hoping for a smaller gap between 1 & 2 but it ended up being 5 years. Hobestly it thetr are perks to all gaps; at this age my okder one was very understanding of the attention a baby needs. He is also able to fetch diapers/bottles/etc if i need help. Now that #2 is walking and more interactive my oldest is starting to play with him (chase him for example) and it's amazing to watch.

there is also 5 years between my hubby and his brother. They have an amazing relationship and they actually moved close to us so we could all have a strong family bond as adults.

Hugs!!! I can also relate to the age gap. I always wanted them close, we started trying when DD turned one (took us 2 years to get her, too). Now she will be 5 when this baby is born. Definitely not what I had pictured or planned, but I'm coming to accept it. Like gigglebox said, there are perks to the age gap. One being that she understands what is going on and I think she'll be less likely to feel jealous since she can take an active role in helping with the baby and being a big sister. Also she's 100% potty trained (took awhile with that one), so it will be nice to only have one in diapers at a time. I'm excited to see her as a big sister. I know she will be amazing <3

Praying a miracle happens with this one for you <3 <3

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->