PROM- being induced at 34weeks-advice needed!

Just an update......last night had another gush of clear fluid,called L&D and was told to stay at home to see what happens?!! Was bit baffled as was still only 31 + 5 but hey they are the experts. Laid on sofa .....not a drip.....got up to go to bed at 10.30 and whoosh more trickling gush...soaked pants and floor.

This am, another large trickle when I got out of bed, trickled through my pad,pants,leggings and onto floor....so decided to trek up to day unit to be checked. After alarming the midwife when she saw the amount I was trickling they checked baby on monitor,he is fine :) ....I then need the loo so ask to go, get up to go have another leak ...BUT still felt urge to go so went bathroom do the business and go back to bed. Dr comes round sees my pads, examines me...can't tell much...then sniffs my pad and concludes its urine.

Now I'm no expert but I have been toilet trained for 26years....I know when I need to go and when I cant control myself. If it had been 1gush I could maybe shrug it off but in total had 4/5 gushes since last night, and have needed wee's in between like normal. Scan shows normal liquor volume although at Lower end normal...so been sent home with instructions to go back if I leak again.

Seeing as been told I've been wetting myself for the past 24 hrs not feeling too chuffed about being sent home leaking..and told to go back if continue......grrrrr......sorry just needed to vent!

Hope all you ladies are well :)

I still can't believe they are sending you home... especially gushing that much water. Aren't they worried about infection setting in or waters getting low or what about an umbilical accident with you GUSHING like that?! That is just scary to me! Anyway, I'm glad you are still keeping him in you, the longer he stays in the better.

I still can't believe they are sending you home... especially gushing that much water. Aren't they worried about infection setting in or waters getting low or what about an umbilical accident with you GUSHING like that?! That is just scary to me! Anyway, I'm glad you are still keeping him in you, the longer he stays in the better.

I don't understand it either :/ they just put yesterday's gushes down to urine when I'm certain it wasn't! Re the umbilical thing - I was pacing at the hospital because had minor cramp and was told I had to lie down in case baby wasn't low enough and cord slipped down or something.....but then they said I'd wet myself go home and come back thurs as normal. Totally baffled.

2 weeks today till induction and that's what's keeping me going :)

Yes, stay positive about it! If the gushes happen again make sure you go back. I doubt it was urine!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
awin68top2
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->