propess pessery for induction, any one had it??

missmayhem

Mummy to 2 little cuties
Reaction score
i'm looking to see how ladies who have been induce using propess have done.

i have been given an induction date due to my BP (lets not go there) and will be induced using propess then pictocin......

but have never heard of propess and wonder was it a gentler technique??

I had propess inserted into my cervix for 24 hours to ripen my cervix which was only 1cm. 24 hours later it had done nothing so they broke my waters.

This time, im already 2cm and been told I wouldn't need propess if I were to be induced.

i had it with my first..it got things going and had him 24 hours after but had to be put on the drip to make it faster.

I had it a few weeks ago when I was being induced and it did nothing. I had the gel (can't remember name) straight after it and that started me off. The woman opposite me in the prenatal ward was the same. Lx

I had it inserted Sunday 6th at 12pm not really aware of much happening. Early hours of the morning had some period pains but not painful then about 8am my waters broke on their own. Was transferred to delivery at 3pm had the syntocinon drip as i wasnt really contracting and had a normal delivery at 01:23 Tues 8th. Quite a positive experience of propess really =o)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->