proposal

MissN8

Reaction score
Anyone else hoping to get a proposal at Christmas or new year?

I have been hoping for one for the last few years!

Over the last year his language on the issue has changed quite a bit. He laughed it off before and would make a comment like "she should be so lucky" or "come on guys you don't want me to be stuck with her forever" - always clearly joking though. Now he usually changes the subject or says something like "when the house is finished" - which it is now. This is our fifth Christmas together and he knows that Christmas is my best time of year, but I want a Christmas wedding so I don't think he would propose at Christmas too.

I love hearing all the Christmas proposal announcements on here and real life :) my SIL got one last year and she's getting married in a few months, I'm already married so none for me lol but I hope you ladies do :) I had a Christmas wedding loeylo (well 18/12, the year is snowed loads) it was magical, I think a Christmas proposal would be a gorgeous start for a Christmas wedding plus a year is a great amount of time to plan, keep hinting!!x

Well there is a teeny box-shaped present under the tree for me, so here's hoping! I bet it's earrings or something :haha:

Well there is a teeny box-shaped present under the tree for me, so here's hoping! I bet it's earrings or something :haha:

Oh what a tease if not! Fingers crossed, let us know! If I was a bloke I'd out it in a massive box so there would be no guessing!

I think its a magical time to ask I've been waiting too many years and every year disappointed maybe I should throw in the towel and ask him haha

I think its a magical time to ask I've been waiting too many years and every year disappointed maybe I should throw in the towel and ask him haha

Haha I bet if you did ask him it would be the one christmas where he had planned to ask you! :haha:

I have my fingers crossed for you!
I'm waiting too :/ beet together coming up 8 years and living together 4 . I keep thinking each year that this will be the year but it hasn't happened yet! We live and hope :)

I wish my OH would propose for Christmas but I don't think it's going to happen this year. We've technically only been officially together for a couple months (although friends for 15 years and unofficially together for 1 year) so I think it's a little too soon for him. Although we have already talked about getting married and it's definitely in the cards for us...just not quite yet :)

Next year !!! On our five years im guessing it'll be.. That's May :D lots of pressure from external people haha!

I don't think he will propose in a holiday to be honest I think it would be a random time of year.

I'm certainly hoping! But I really don't think it's going to happen... We have a very busy and expensive year coming up in 2015!

Aw I hope you ladies get your proposals! Please update if you do! :)

It will happen when we least expect it

I have to ask.... Why won't any of you propose to him? It seems like you want to marry your SOs, is that not an option for some reason?

I have to ask.... Why won't any of you propose to him? It seems like you want to marry your SOs, is that not an option for some reason?

For me and my OH, part of it is tradition. The man has always been the one to propose traditionally, so that's what we're going with. Not that we're really that much for tradition otherwise. Also, I know my OH wants to be the one to propose. We've discussed it a lot and I know he wants to be the one to plan out the proposal and ask and I have no problem waiting for that time to come.

For me and my OH, part of it is tradition. The man has always been the one to propose traditionally, so that's what we're going with. Not that we're really that much for tradition otherwise. Also, I know my OH wants to be the one to propose. We've discussed it a lot and I know he wants to be the one to plan out the proposal and ask and I have no problem waiting for that time to come.

You sound very like us, it just doesn't feel right asking even though we aren't traditional in other parts of our relationship. I will leave this up to him

We're married now but I remember being in that stage of desperately wanting DH to propose, but I always told him to never do it at Christmas! Lol. This was my own personal preference mind, because I'm a fussy cow and wanted it done randomly not the same time lots of other people get asked the question lol although there was always an appeal to New Years eve....I always think that's a lovely time for a proposal at midnight....but birthdays, anniversary & Christmas was a big no for me! Luckily he listened and did it in a month we had no big occasion :) hope you all get what you are hoping for this Christmas!

I think there's peer pressure for the guy as well.. in the sense that he himself might prefer it to be known that he proposed. I told my DH not to get me a ring but he did anyway because he wanted to propose the standard way.
I could've asked but we've been together years and it was a complete understanding that we would eventually get married - so personally to me, if he couldn't muster the energy to do a proposal when he knew it was definitely the time to do so, then he wasn't putting in enough effort to acknowledge our relationship.
He proposed Xmas lol, but we dont really bother with that anniversary.

I won't propose to him because it is the one thing I want to give him control over. I'm probably slightly overbearing in many aspects of our relationship - I am the one who decides holidays, I encouraged us moving in together, I had a bigger say on the house we bought, and it's me who initiates most of the big decisions. I always said from the start that I won't propose to anyone, ever. In my mind, if he wants to do it and is ready for it then he will do if. He knows how I feel on the subject.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AngelMom1012
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->