Protien = posotive

fairywings

mum to Amy and Angel Ryan
Reaction score
Hi, I am new on here, so hi to everyone. Just needed some advice, I did two PG tests that were both posotive, but when I went the docs today he said to not get my hopes up as protien can cause false posotives, although I have never heard this, the only thing I have heard can cause a false posotive are recent miscarriage and ectoptic pregnancy. has anyone else heard this?

The fact I got a postotive anyway was shocking (we had been careful and it took me ages to get PG the first time of trying.) I have had symptoms that I also had with my first, that is why I tested.

Any advice would be welcome, thanks.

hmmm not heard that one before. pregnancy tests are only desinged to pickup the hormone HCG so i doubt anything else would make a line come up.

Thanks for that, that is what I thought, but that is what the doctor said. I am handing in a sample tomorrow so I will find out soon. I have done another test since the other two which was also posotive, so who knows . . .????

P.s, congrats on ur PG, hope u a happy and healthy 9 months! :)

Thanks, I will find out for sure Thursday so I will post then.:)

I always thought a negative could be a positive but a positive was deffo a positive (If I make sence)

I've not heard that before, I agree with the others. The tests are designed to picked up on the HCG and wont read positive unless the levels are high enough.

Have you done a CB digital? x x

I agree with the others too, never heard of that before.

I've not heard that before, I agree with the others. The tests are designed to picked up on the HCG and wont read positive unless the levels are high enough.

Have you done a CB digital? x x

Hi, no I have not done a clearblue but I will get my results on Thursday and if not I will get one. I have done 4 tests now, all positive, so maybe the doctor dont know what he is talking about ..??

It is reassuring that noone else had heard of it either! I got a false negative with my first but I have never had a false positive.

Thanks for the response and I will keep everyone posted. :)

Go and get a clear blue digi....i can't wait til Thursday and i can't believe you can!!!

I think you can get false negatives but not false positives as they only pick up the PG hormone....i think you are pregnant!!!

ive never heard that either! oddness, i hope its the resul your hoping for!

To be honest I can't wait until Thursday, but that is when I get my pennies! :( If I had money today I would have gone straight out and got one.

Oh well, only another two long days to go . . . *sob*

yeah my partner is saying that and i could not resist but do another test this morning, lol. Positive again, so if my test comes back negative from the doc tomorrow, I don't see why to be honest.

Only another day to go now and then I will know for sure . . .

Sounds like a defo :bfp: to me hun but good luck for tomorrow anyway xxx

That's weird! I agree with everyone else - a positive is a postivie. The only things that can give you a 'false pos' are some fertility drugs and a recent pregnancy or miscarriage. Maybe look for a new dr!
Congrats on your :bfp: Hope it all works out. So exciting :)

LOL, I was thinking myself I should find a new doctor, he did not seem like he could be assed and seemed as though he wanted to get me out of there as soon as he could and not have to deal with it. Not an attitude to have!

Thanks for all the best wishes, I will post my results tomorrow if they r back.

:) :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chocolate 4
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->