• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

provera?

lizlovelust

Reaction score
Hello ladies,

I was given provera to induce AF, i have two more days left.

Does Af start right after your finish, or is it supposed to start during?
I also was told im not pregnant, all the doctor did was a urine test which was negative and refused to do a blood test. Its been like two weeks past af due date and this cycles the longest i have ever had.

Chart in signature, also is my temp supposed to rise like it is with provera?

Hmmmm... Just looking for some answers...

Fellow Provera user here!!

I use it for 5 days--supposed to take it the same day each month too..So far--If I take it on the 8th-12th of each month-AF arrives around the 16-18th of the month..Now here is the kicker that I recently discovered... I had to take it to bring on a period--it did. Now I take it to maintain that cycle length, etc--make me regular.. BUT--if you are taking it more than just to bring on an absent period--you have to start it 3 days after you ovulate--Well, I didn't know this...Seems--if you take it before you ovulate--it can stop ovulation, if you take during ovulation--I'm not sure--but a website "forum" like this one--the ladies were very clear to take it AFTER ovulation has occurred..SO for future reference if you end up like me--taking it regularly month after month--keep that in mind..Now as far as temps--YES. Your temps will be up because of the Provera. After a day or so of being off of it--you'll see the temps decline--until the bleeding starts. IF you are indeed pregnant--your temps will remain high, and you will not start. Back in the olden days this was one method to determine if a woman was pregnant. She would take Provera for X amount of days following what should have been ovulation, if when she stopped no bleeding occurred--they assumed she was pregnant..
Hope that helps hun!

Hi Liz, I am quite familiar with Provera. Are you taking it for 5 or 10 days? For me, I got AF about a week after my last pill.
As well, my temps rose a bit while taking it as well.
IF by chance you are pregnant, provera will not induce a miscarriage FYI

BTW..Looking at your signature--I went 96 days no AF--that is what prompted my ob/gyn to put me on Provera..I was amazed how quick it did work...Hope it helps hun! My doc did a blood test though--I would have still asked that one have been done before starting it--but it won't or shouldn't cause harm if indeed pregnant..Its progesterone--and that is one of the hormones we need to have to keep a pregnancy going..

I asked the doctor to do a blood test and she refused, she told me "there's no way our urine tests here could be wrong they are really strong and sensitive" made me mad.

But I'm taking the ten day provera and I have two more days left!
I have noticed I've been mad cranky lately though. This is the weirdest longest cycle I have ever had! I've never ever had a cycle longer than 38 days before!

Unfortunately, thats a nasty side effect of the Provera.. I only take 10mg for 5 days, but all docs are different i guess. If it becomes to troublesome and something she wants you to stay on monthly, you may need to ask about the natural progesterone you can take. I forget the name of it buts it is made frome female/pg horse urine-gross I know, but i have heard it has less side effects. Will they check your progesterone levels for future reference or just waiting it out? My doc didnt do a lot of extra tests but my first round of provera was considered the Progesterone -challenge..
Best wishes Liz:hugs:

She just told me this cycle was a fluke and that she wants to just make AF come and she said I'll be fine after that, uh yea okay doctor...

I have taken Provera in the past for a "fluke" cycle...Then after that I got pregnant with my daughter...:winkwink:..Maybe its all that is needed..

FX'ed for you hun!!!
:dust:

Does provera always make OPKs dark as heck?

https://www.countdowntopregnancy.com/pregnancy-test-gallery/my-pregnancy-test29804

Liz...I saw that last night! I saved the pic--hope you don't mind..I want to tweak your hpt.. Don't stop taking the Provera hun...You have a day left right? I know it's friday--but I wonder if you didn't ovulate right before being put on the provera..Are there any bd days leading up to it that you can remember? The provera won't make you miscarry, but if your progesterone is super low--it maybe the provera keeping it high enough to sustain a pregnancy..Let me do some tweaking, and I'll post what I get...
Back in a few:winkwink:

Well i started provera the may 31st, i did have a dip on my chart the 30th of may, and my temp didnt shoot up until the 4th of june..... Kinda weird.

We bded the27th of may in the am and then the 2nd and 3rd of june in the pm.

lizs test.jpg

My tweak may not show the pink--but I enhanced it because there is something pink on your test--I just couldn't tell if it was a smudge of color or what. I couldn't invert, but you should be able to take this pic and invert it using ctd2pg...Maybe worth a shot! :thumbup:

Well i started provera the may 31st, i did have a dip on my chart the 30th of may, and my temp didnt shoot up until the 4th of june..... Kinda weird.

We bded the27th of may in the am and then the 2nd and 3rd of june in the pm.

I'm not a math wizard, and didn't want to leaving you hanging..:rofl:.. I'm trying to figure the whole dip thing..If I recall--it dips-during ovulation, then may or may not dip after depending if implantation takes place...I'm almost wondering if you didn't O' around the 30th...may have been a fluke or something..I mean today is ONLY the 8th...So if you O'ed and then started the provera--you wouldn't know one way or the other--remember I said--I found out you have to take it after ovulation not before...I mean, what if you O'ed the 30th. You had sex on the 27th--healthy sperm can live for upto 5 days in the female body if conditions are optimal (quality of cm, quality of sperm, etc etc)..You could easily have had sperm sitting there when you dropped your egg...SO--and this is only a hypothesis--or random ramblings whichever you like--You bd'ed the 27th, dropped the egg on the 30th by the 8th of June you would be 9 dpo. That test was taken when?--yesterday? I know they say the opks don't usually go positive before the hpt--but there is something on your hpt--and I don't think the provera would make you opk dark like that--I never tested using opks AFTER using the provera--so I don't know...I would test again, either with the same strips or get an answer or fre test..I would stay away from the Dollar ones--the sensitivity isn't there ya, know? IF you were 9 dpo, you may see something a little darker on the strip or the start of a line on the fre..:thumbup:

Hmmm The reason the doc threw me on provera was cause I've never had such a long cycle and she looked at my chart and was like yep you Oed so lets get your started since your urine test is negative.

That may have been a big :dohh: moment! You are only probably 9 dpo...I mean finishing the provera--one of two things is going to happen in 4-5 days (which will make you 14 dpo--either you will start as she expects you to, or you won't..My concern is what if you need the provera because your natural progesterone levels are low--to low may result in m/c, or complications.. I would call if you have time and see if she could order a blood test to check..Either implantation may have just occurred or is occuring which is why your tests look they do to me.. I mean--I would rather know than to stop the progesterone and need it..

My temp jumped up .2 more degrees today from yesterday.... if I was implanting it wouldn't jump?

I don't think there is a dip everytime, but I could be wrong..This is why I don't temp..LOL...I still think you need to test later today, or this weekend again, but like I said, my concern is your progesterone level..when you finish taking your 10 course what happens..Will your body sustain the levels it needs if your pregnant? That requires a blood test to see if you are or not for sure...By now a blood test will be the easiest way to know definitively...:hugs:

hmm I'll try to find a doctor that will do the blood tests for me.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
irenetta
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->