psoriasis

x_Rainbow_x

Reaction score
Does anybody have this?? iv suffered with it since i was about 7.. mainly on my head. and its clumbs of it on my head. i have special shampoo for it but iv noticed in the last few years the sores have spread to my face.. i have a steriod cream for about the back of my head that gets rid but now when im run down it goes under my eyes.. does anyone else have this on there body and what do they use on it?

i look like i have 2 black eyes..

my husband has it almost everywhere, he really suffers and my brother has it to.
he uses both a cream and an ointment prescribed by the dermatologist, the ointment is diprosalic, the shampoo is alphoysyl and i am not sure of the name of the ointment its dibo something. the truth is none of the stuff really works except for sunlight and the dead sea here in israel. people come here from all over the world to treat psoriasis in the solarium. wanna plan a trip? :)

i think i may lol.. i can deal with my hair its just the cream i have is a steriod cream that burns off, so prob not safe for my face lol.. but it bluddy works lol.. just its 2 much on my face when i look like a got shopping bags there

one of my best friends has it.. i forget the steroid cream she has for it, but it usually works. although hers is on her hands and feet, and gets really bad. and she has to go to bed with the cream on thick and have her hands and feet wrapped in seran wrap!

i wish i had more of a suggestion as to help with it.. but i don't! :(

betnovate? thats my cream and it stings lol... but it works lol.. my dr is useless when it comes 2 it.. said there doing a prohect on it but mine isnt bad enough to get me on the tester course.. * nt that id be a guine pig*

I get it on the back of my head and my neck but i use the same treatment as you. Betnovate lotion, so i can't help with other treatments. Sorry xx

my mom has it on her feet, I forget what she uses for it though

I've had it since I was 7. I caught it through tonsillitis. I used to have it so bad that I'd have to go to the hospital "sunbeds" three times a week. I'd have to wear loads of creams, soggy bandages and bandages over that for 2 weeks. It was horrible but all that really helped me in my older years. I do still have it though, and it gets worse in times of stress. I get it on my arms and the tops of my legs and sometimes my stomach. I sometimes get it in my head and it's horrible as I sit picking at it making it worse! Tbh it's not very severe at all anymore which I feel lucky for. I do have steroid creams and stuff but I feel that a cream called Diprobase works best!

My Tim suffers from it badly - he gets it pretty much everywhere other than his face. He has had since birth :( He uses cream on his body and ointment for his head but he tries not to use it all the time and now that he is more confident (apparently I have made a world of difference to how he feels) he goes out wearing t-shirts and without hats all the time which he never used to.

His stuff is called Dovobert I think. He finds it best to use once a day Mon - Fri and then have Sat - Sun off. He also finds using a sunbed on a day without the cream helps. He does this for a month and it can stay away for a good while.

He once had to spend a month in isolation in hospital he gets it that bad :( xxx

I have it really bad on my scalp and used to get it really bad under my eyes and my doc told me to get hydrocortisone for it... now the pharmacist wont sell it to you if you say its for your face... but LIE!! Cos its the best stuff for it and alot cheaper than a prescription too!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->