Pull out fails

Pne1985

Reaction score
So just curious about the “pull out method”. How many people have gotten pregnant using this or know someone that has? And was it done correctly and you still got pregnant or did they let a little slip inside of you?

My husband has superb self control so the only way we could get pregnant are from the “pre ejaculation”.

I know a few people that have. I think it’s incorrect timing that can be an issue with some people. They get their ovulation dates wrong or make assumptions about their LP being 14 days so think they’re in the clear.
We were using it before TTC but I tracked my cycles very closely so managed to miss ovulation.

I know a few people that have. I think it’s incorrect timing that can be an issue with some people. They get their ovulation dates wrong or make assumptions about their LP being 14 days so think they’re in the clear.
We were using it before TTC but I tracked my cycles very closely so managed to miss ovulation.

So do you mean that they used the pull out method during their fertile period, but it really wasn’t their fertile period? So they got pregnant because their DH or OH did in fact ejaculate inside of them not knowing?

I know one person who said that’s what happened! I reckon it’s not the most reliable method because there’s more than one thing that can ‘go wrong’.

I know one person who said that’s what happened! I reckon it’s not the most reliable method because there’s more than one thing that can ‘go wrong’.

Well I’m hoping it does go wrong! Haha. I was just curious if anyone one here used it correctly and chatted so they knew when their fertile period was and still ended up pregnant. I’m pretty sure I will ovulate today or tomorrow and we will dtd with using this method. I wish he’d just give it a go but I know he won’t! :nope:

It’s so difficult when one of you wants to TTC and the other doesn’t! We’ve had that each time, but both agreed in the end.
I hope your husband comes round to the idea!

It’s so difficult when one of you wants to TTC and the other doesn’t! We’ve had that each time, but both agreed in the end.
I hope your husband comes round to the idea!

Thank you! It is hard and I don’t know how he feels so I can’t quite understand his point but at he same time I need to respect his feelings. I didn’t plan for our last baby to official be “our very last baby”! So t makes it hard for me to accept.

Well I’m hoping it does go wrong! Haha. I was just curious if anyone one here used it correctly and chatted so they knew when their fertile period was and still ended up pregnant. I’m pretty sure I will ovulate today or tomorrow and we will dtd with using this method. I wish he’d just give it a go but I know he won’t! :nope:

I've been in the same situation. My DH and I successfully used the pull out method for years. I was only charting periods and was regular enough, along with routine O pains, that I could confidently estimate the fertile window and add a few days on either end to avoid pregnancy.

It was very hard to know we wanted different things during this time, and I often felt disconnected or mildly disappointed afterward. Spent many hours searching the internet in hopes that precum had swimmers! I can say confidently that my DH and I cannot get pregnant using the pull out method. We used it correctly and never had a slip up, despite my secret wishes!

I've been in the same situation. My DH and I successfully used the pull out method for years. I was only charting periods and was regular enough, along with routine O pains, that I could confidently estimate the fertile window and add a few days on either end to avoid pregnancy.

It was very hard to know we wanted different things during this time, and I often felt disconnected or mildly disappointed afterward. Spent many hours searching the internet in hopes that precum had swimmers! I can say confidently that my DH and I cannot get pregnant using the pull out method. We used it correctly and never had a slip up, despite my secret wishes!

Oh wow! I’m sorry. Do you guys have any children or plan to eventually? I very grateful for the ones we already have so I shouldn’t complain too much. And so you used the pull out method when you were fertile or did you use it the whole time and then just obstained when you were fertile? And I feel like I’m in the same boat, my cycles are regular. I know by charting and pains. I did ovulate super early when we got pregnant with my daughter but I wasn’t charting at the time only did opks. So maybe that will happen again!

My sister is currently pregnant after depending on the pull out method, but her husband would literally wait until the last second and she knows he wasn't pulling out fast enough. He would always say, "just one more second".

My ex-husband and I successfully used the POM for the entirety of our 10 year marriage and we only ever conceived when it was planned.

My sister is currently pregnant after depending on the pull out method, but her husband would literally wait until the last second and she knows he wasn't pulling out fast enough. He would always say, "just one more second".

My ex-husband and I successfully used the POM for the entirety of our 10 year marriage and we only ever conceived when it was planned.

Yea I think you have to be able to do it before it’s that close. And me and my husband have been doing it for years also, correctly I’m guessing and the only time I’ve gotten pregnant is when we were “trying”!

Pull out method for almost 11 years. Our 2 kids were very intentional. But it took 2 years of trying to get pregnant with our first and 6 months for our second, I think the only reason it was quicker with her was because I was nursing and my hormones were more regulated. My sister had an oopsy baby, but from what I understand they did unprotected at the very end of her period and she ovulated early, shes also VERY fertile, 4 kids and she never had to "try"

My husband and I have been married 11 years and have used the pull out method exclusively the whole time. We have 2 children who we had to actively try for. Well, now I'm pregnant with a very unexpected third due to a failed pull out method. 11 years without an accident until now...

My husband and I have been married 11 years and have used the pull out method exclusively the whole time. We have 2 children who we had to actively try for. Well, now I'm pregnant with a very unexpected third due to a failed pull out method. 11 years without an accident until now...

Oh wow!! Congratulations! Not to get into too much detail but did he “pull out” just a little too late or you’re confident you got pregnant from his early swimmers?

Surprise third baby from pull out method here too.
It worked fine for 8 years, the first two were planned and now here we are!

Oh wow!! Congratulations! Not to get into too much detail but did he “pull out” just a little too late or you’re confident you got pregnant from his early swimmers?

He has always had really good control and doesn't wait until the last minute, so it had to be some leftovers from our previous session. It was our anniversary and we were having a bit of fun :blush:

Surprise third baby from pull out method here too.
It worked fine for 8 years, the first two were planned and now here we are!

Congratulations!! That’s exciting!

He has always had really good control and doesn't wait until the last minute, so it had to be some leftovers from our previous session. It was our anniversary and we were having a bit of fun :blush:

Haha that’s funny. And good to know that there can be little guys still there after ejaculation!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->